Who's doing tech support for v8 now?

splitpoint

Ola Sliptpoint,

we are doing the tech support, please, do the simplest and smaller prj you can do which Crash Camera on PC and a read me with all steps necessary to Crash Camera.

Please, post in our Bug area.

http://www.eias3d.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=79

http://www.eias3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14

Thanksss

Tom

Just upgraded to v8 and I'm now having issues with camera crashing under Windows. Where do I go for tech support these days? EITG? Here?

Who is doing support for previous versions (prior to 8) of EIAS (or just 'generic' issues with the dongle)? Also, might that include support for Universe Modeler? Modeler was working perfectly fine on Friday, but on Monday it decided to give me the following warning:

"No hardware key could be located on the ADB chain. Click the Reset ADB button to try resetting the ADB bus. Warning: This could crash some computers."

I am presented with three options: Retry, Abort, and Reset ADB. The only button that works is "Abort" as the other buttons do nothing useful.

I have tried reinstalling Modeler on a different machine, and it works perfectly well on that machine. I've tried disk permissions, repairing the disk (thinking maybe a permission was screwed up) but can't get it to launch on my main system. I even tried to copy the Universe 5.0 folder to the main machine to see if it was just a corrupt install of modeler, but it simply refuses to work on my main machine now. Both machines are the same OSX version (Leopard, up-to-date) and Intel processors. Every other version of EIAS (that will run on this OS and processor) seems to run just fine -- no "ADB chain" warnings at all. It's just something has happened that will not allow Modeler to run on this machine (when a copy of it will run on a similar machine with no issues).

I guess my question is: Is there a preference file, or something somewhere that I can trash that might help? Something I can try? Reset? I'm open to suggestions.

Ola David,

Modeler is a EITG property, you need advices from them.

Please, send a email to Phil.

Our concern now is EIAS - Electric Image Animation System... :)

I can suppose, Do you installed any new appl? maybe one which use some kind of dongle software?

Did you try all USB or ADB ports of your dongle in the machine which is not working?

Thanksss

Tom

Tom

I'll certainly contact Phil and see what he has to say.

I didn't install any new software did required a dongle, but do recall my computer fixing some "permission" issues when I booted it up on Monday. Since then Modeler hasn't worked. I'm just assuming that the two are related.

EIAS 8.0 works just fine, regardless of which USB port I have my dongle in. Modeler gives me the same error no matter where the dongle is (I tried all available USB ports, including the two on the keyboard).

Very odd indeed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Resolution found! As it turns out someone came in over the weekend and installed tracking software on my box (which is supposed to be an EIAS-only machine). They did their work and then tried to uninstall the software, which apparently didn't totally uninstall, or corrupted some files in the process. It seems the tracking software used the same kind of dongle (purple EVE3) that we have for EIAS -- so maybe it was just a simple conflict.

Once the offender confessed to what he had done I simply started rooting out all the Sentinal (?) files from the System/Library directories on my machine.

I then reinstalled EIAS 8.0 (and Modeler from my Universe 5.0 disc) and re-installed the dongle files from the disc... Opened the applications, put in my "unlock code" and all is now working perfectly well again.

Thanks for your suggestion -- I wouldn't have thought to ask anyone if they had worked (or installed anything) on my machine while I was out, as it isn't supposed to happen.

• 3 months later...

HI all,

I was trying to install EIAS 8 into a new/old XP sp3 box. everything installs fine but for some reason it keeps asking for the drivers to the Rainbow USB Duo. labeled on XP as USB token.

Ive installed EIAS 8 3 times and the xp keeps asking for the dongle drivers. Can i get these anywhere ? i can do a manual driver install but i dont have any drivers to fin on the drive.

any ideas.

thanks,

Mick

Ola Mick,

This driver is installed as part of the EIAS install. There are three things installed on the PC (EIAS, Dongle Driver, QuickTime). These are in three different install stages.

I suggest this first, remove his dongle, uninstall all dongle drivers, then reinstall EIAS.

Thanksss

Tom

Ola Mick,

This driver is installed as part of the EIAS install. There are three things installed on the PC (EIAS, Dongle Driver, QuickTime). These are in three different install stages.

I suggest this first, remove his dongle, uninstall all dongle drivers, then reinstall EIAS.

Thanksss

Tom

Hi Tomas,

I figured it out. After uninstalling and reinstalling EIAS on PC 3 times it didnt seem to want the dongle to work. So then i finally figured out i just had to point the Dongle drivers request to the Folder in C:\programs\sentinel\ folder and it found the drivers there and then installed the dongle properly.

Dont know why the standard install didnt do it automatically. oh well.

thank you for the advice.

Mickael