Help! Renderama Slave not launching

bwcc

I'm having a problem with Renderama Slaves

I use Renderama nearly every day and today I go to open the Slaves and the applications will not launch.

I have deleted the prefs, reinstalled. I have tried the Slave from the 8.0 disk and the newer version from the website. I also deleted the the prefs for Renderama and EIAS.

Everything opens and works except for the Slave Applications.

I deleted the Preferences folder that holds the Slave preferences and when I attempt to launch the slave it creates a new folder but will not create a new preferences file.

Is there any other preferences file I can delete?

I have run disk utility and repaired permissions

Mac-Pro 10.6.8 (snow leopard)

Ola,

You have Renderama prefs:

Your HD/Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/RenderamaPrefs

Dont forget to change the Set Port Number of new slaves, because if its in the default :1616, it will conflict with local Slave and it will not open.

Thanks

Tom

Tom - I think the RenderamaPrefs is the preferences just for Renderama which is working fine. I'm having trouble with only the RenderamaSlaves apps. I know about setting the ports to different numbers, but I can't open the app to set the port number. I won't create a "RenderamaSlavePrefs" file at all. The Renderama Slave is acting just like it would if it was set to the same port as another slave. But I don't have any slaves runnning (they won't open) Is it possible something else is set to the the port :1616?

bw

Ola Brian,

Did you change anything in your OS or machine configuration?

How many HDs do you have installed in your machine?

Could you create a new slave in another HD from scratch and see if it works?

Is the permission of the Slave folder allowing to read and write?

Thanks

Tom

I have system drive that holds EIAS and Renderama app, I have a separate internal and SATA external. I have tried to install a new slave on each and it does the same thing.

I did find out it must be something with the network. If I turn off the network connection the slaves will launch. I currently have this computer connected (ethernet) to a DSL router. IP is set DHCP. I have tried to set the IP manually and does the same.

bw

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem, did you work out what the issue was, I can't seem to fix it . . .

try turning off all network / internet access, (I unplugged the ethernet cable). If the slaves work then, it's probably a network issue. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it, but I think it was just restarting the DSL modem / router.

brian