Selecting an object in a Rendering in Photoshop

S. Houtzager

Wanted to select a part of a canister that I had already rendered today so I could tweak it in Photoshop. Well some "other" programs produce a solid color for each object so you can put that on top of your photoshop image and use it to select each piece separately.

Easy enough in EI using a different luminance color for each object. I used a copy of my file so as not to muck up the original. Maybe someone has a faster way of doing this????

material_ID.png

SH

Hi Steve,

I have not been using RPF with After Effects and Object ID#, I mostly use the Layers Shader to create layered PSD files.

You must create a selection set for each object (or group of objects) and add the selection sets to the layers list (render dialog, layers tab, left column), and add the layers shader to each selection set (right column).

you can set the shader to "final render" and copy and paste this instance to the other selection sets.

You will get a perfectly masked layer of each set of objects in Photoshop, and the name of the selection sets from EIAS will be the name of the layers in PS for easy identification.

Hopefully this helps?

Dave