How to hide all children at once in world views and What is that arrow thing?

MarquisDeSang

First, what is that arrow flag thing (yellow circle) in the project window? What is it used for? Can you give me an example? Nothing in the manual.

Second, I would like to hide (in the world view) the Cube, Teapot and the Sphere in one click without hiding the Cone. In other software I would hide the Effector and all it's children would become invisible.

Finally, if the children of a hierarchy are hidden in the project window, can you hide the hierarchy and all it's children in the world view with one click?

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 20.08.50.png

Found a way, but it is tedious.

Let say that the Effector 1 has it's children hidden, but it does not really matter.

1-Select the Effector 1

2-Right click Select/Offspring

3-Hold Shift Key, then reselect Effector 1

4-Hold Command Key the click the Visibility checkbox of the Effector 1

Now I see what the Arrow does, to see it's effect I had to press the triangle beside the channel. But it does not explain everything. If you animate visibility in the Keyframe mode, clicking on the Arrow will invert some values On->Off and vice versa.

As for hiding by type, it's not what I need. I want to hide in the 3D World Views not in the project window.