Collect Files in EIAS

Thomo

Hi,

I do a "collect files" in EIAS V 9.1.

I want to then re-open the new project file and have it use all the models, textures, sockets, photon maps etc. from the collected folders.

As it is EIAS still uses the directory path to the original files.

This is really annoying. This prevents Rama running on a virtual machine because it cant find the paths to the files.

Basically I want to collect the project and run rama from a virtual disk on another machine. It works fine for a project with no maps etc.

EIAS used to always access the collected files as a priority if launching the new project from the collected folder. The original project file would still point to the original files It seems since V9 it doesn't.

I can't launch EIAS on the virtual machine and make it find the files on launch because I can't put my dongle in it.

Is there anything I can do, besides the obvious one of going through my whole project and making everything point to the new folders and then setting up a rama output file?

I have asked about this before in V 9.0 but it seems nothing has been done about it.

One additional thing. When collecting a project, if you were doing this repeatedly you were asked if you wanted to overwrite the old collected project. EIAS doesn't do that anymore it just creates a new folder within the original collected file folder. It was also a case before, that the project file when collecting would be named as you chose. Now it creates another project of the same name. Really annoying when you go into EIAS and "open recent" you end up with several projects of the same name to somehow choose from!

Any ideas anyone please?

Edited by Thomo

Hi Thomo,

its easy: after you did a collect files, just quit EI and go to the folder where

all the original files are located. Rename that folder (Project_old f.e.) or put

it to an other location. Or you can ZIP that folder (but it can take a long time

if the folder is huge!)

When you now open EI again and open your collected project, EI will ask you

where are all the needed files are. Just point EI to the specific files, do a save and you are done.

After that, you can quit EI and rename/remove/unzip the original folder/files to what

ever you want, EI will now use the collected files/maps/models etc.

Alex

Yes I am aware of that thanks, but that is not easy and not a viable solution.

I have textures and materials, thousands of them in varying directories according to their type. It would also mean zipping or renaming the sockets folder etc.. etc.

Everytime time I render a project! Well not everytime but every project.

Besides that a manual solution to a simple computer operation, that used to be available, is simply bad usage of time and resources.

Once again thanks for the response.

Edited by Thomo