Marvelous Designer MDD test.

Diego

Hi Mark, it is a Mocap I made with 8 Optitrack video cameras in .bvh format. Some motion for hands and expressions added in Poser, then open in C4D for UVs works and MDD export.

MDD it is a fantastic way to connect EIAS3D with many other animation programs like Marvelous Designer. And it is really flexible at changing speed in time line.

Thanks

Diego

Thank you all for your nice words.

Looking for a way to get Daz / Poser characters in EIAS3D I found two main problems, one is the animation that it is actually solved with MDD reader plugin.

The other is UV´s coordinates. Daz and Poser use multi layer UV´s which is not actually supported by EIAS, the only solution is to split the character in different geometry, but it is awkward to handle many objects and then assign MDD's, textures and refine materials of 20 or 40 different geometry, and it does not look good because it always seams textures are noted as in the sample photo red circles.

JensUVtest.jpg

For this reason I had to jump into the dreaded world of UV´s :) the end is like all fears, it was not so.

I made this:

V4Amy%20New%20UVs%20ref.jpg

So now I can import any of the hundreds of Victoria based models into EIAS with the same UV's and just place the textures in the new template in Photoshop, I have first to open the model in Poser, then open it in C4d to just change the UV's label then open it in EIAS.  Yes, it is a bit complicated and you have to have Poser + C4D. Surely also can be done with DAZ3D and other programs.

I dream with a Little Big plugin to apply the new UV´s to the model for this, I would be happy to help on what I've learned about Daz and Poser characters models, but I do not know programming.

Doing the same for Michel and Genesis opens the possibility to integrate almost all the characters from Daz that are thousands

Here is the result with unmarked seams and all in the same geometry including eyes, teeth, tongue etc.

MddTestSSSMarvelousHD.jpg

if someone finds interesting this information and want to know more I'm happy to share.

Thanks

Diego

Hi Diego thanks for showing more interest . About 2 years ago maybe longer . I did lots of testing and found I could get the models and animations in but had the same problem with the seems that your showing , and even though daz has a utility for making a new uv map for export I could never figure out how to use it and not get the seems. I still got seems after using it . The other problem I had was the model you end up with has same material on whole mesh which is not how daz and poser work you can have different materials on same mesh correct.? If you confirm this is correct then the problem is also multiple materials can not be put on one mesh in eias correct? So I don't know if this can be fixed without a fix to eias and only Tom and Igors can answer , if this can ever be fixed. It looks like on your model the eye might be different material not 100 percent sure but if it is maybe you know answers to problems I was having. Just some questions that I was never able to figure out completely. Thanks for any help on understanding how to get rid of the seems. I still don't understand how to fix them.

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark, yes I used just one mesh and one material, eyes and lashes included.

Daz models uses one material per UV layer it can address many materials in the same mesh, in C4D you can have one material per selection polygon also many materials per mesh.

Thanks

Diego

Hi Diego thanks for confirmation on material issue . The problem with the seams what creates it is the uv map not sized correctly? Because at the time I was checking into this , on the daz forum people were having the same problem saving the model and Bringing back into daz and they'd have seams, and at that time I did not see anybody answering how to fix it. If you save a new edited uv map with the model won't all textures then line up correctly with no need to go into photoshop . So if you have each of the models you just need to make one new edited uv map for each model (Victoria Michel ect.) and then all textures of the characters different looks would work,so no need to go into photoshop to edit any textures. I have modo and z brush which have uv tools so I can probably edit the uv maps but not sure what needs to be fixed.I have not been working with 3D for about two years now , but I still check the forum each day and still upgrading my programs so I intend to get back at it , but this is one of the things that made me take a break from 3d . This and file management were bringing me down. You have be very organized to keep all your files straight.

So thanks for any help on the seams.

Mark

I went on daz and saw a guy posted a question about the texture atlas uv maps having these seams , In this month March 2015 and people have said this problem is at least 2 years old and had a link to a you tube video that shows the problem. Some one from daz , said they know about the problem and it is to be fixed at sometime in the future , but they need to figure out what the cause is and could not say when it will be fixed. This is where things stand now.

Hi new thought about this say you take the uv map that was exported from texture atlas but doesn't work right , but has right name to link to model file . Take that into photoshop then take all the individual files you would get if you just export the normal obj way where you get a bunch of uv maps for each part, if you import all those uv maps to layers and then delete original layer merge down and save . Would that map work? Just something I might try later.

Mark

Hi Mark, I think that the textures and the UVs are well placed, the seams are noticeable because when you split the character mesh in different parts the phong surface remains unaligned, it is a kind of effect that happens in the Normals level. If you split the caracter mesh in C4D it happens the same. It looks like the solution is to use only one mesh that can accept multiples UVs like C4D, Daz or Poser, or reorganize the UVs as I did.

Thanks

Diego

• 2 weeks later...

Amazingly Beautiful work and render Diego.

Quite and inspirations as well.

I tried to find a nice space for my OptiTrack but never got it set up. So this year I am hoping to set it up in my house. If I have any problems, or questions about the C3D files, I will look you up.

Again BRAVO! ;-)