DAZ 4.6 MDD/FBX Import

hurricane

Three things: SIZE / ORIENTATION / DAZ-POSER grouping

First: SIZE 

obj must be exactly the same size as the MDD in EIAS world unit.
To evaluate both check/uncheck visibility of plugin to see both alternatively .

I ALWAYS use the same scale for ALL my project. this way textures and intuitiveness is consistant in all project.

a magical number:  39.37 (i use 40) this is the scale from DAZ to EIAS to stay in inches (one metre equals 39.37 inches)

ORIENTATION:

obj must have the same orientation.
For testing, i use a simple object.
Do not use a cube you can't know if it has rotated or flipped .

The letter "k" with bevel on front is ideal ( simple, easy to read and non topologically symmetrical in any orientation )

And
DAZ-POSER:

The BIG challenge is that the figure in DAZ are separated in body parts
(Each one beeing independent)

Each body part are surrounded by vertices at the contour. These overlapping vertices (in the entire figure) are not usables by the pluging and causes the problem. I have found that one part only can be joined to the plugin.
So why not duplicate that for all the figure? See image

http://www.architruc.com/partage/organisation.png

It look tedious but once the figure is rigged and textured you will not need to do it again for this figure.
Only change the MDD file in the socket/MDD folder and voila.

NOTE: i will not go through the hole process of MDD

a little tutorial already exist on EIAS web site

second NOTE: it took me almost a month on a off finding this so be patient.

I have tried all possibilities with FBX... no luck... even with the auto cad converter.

I will post a better test soon

Guy

NEW TEST

i do not use the MDD feature which load all correspondent MDD file to each .obj model (*) because it makes to much MDD files.

hence a lot of files to manipulate.

​i forgot to mention that the MDD file is the same for all body parts so only one MDD to coordinate.

http://www.architruc.com/partage/TEST_KICK03.mov

I will try to make a video tutorial but i am not very good in english so it take me a lot of time editing all this.

test linked:

http://www.architruc.com/partage/test2014FBX.zip

FIGURE and FIGURE ANIMATION: all DAZ

CLOTHING and CLOTHING SIMULATION: all MARVELOUS (the animation of the shirt could have been a lot more accurate kit is a low poly simulation)

i use ANIMATES ANIBLOCKS in DAZ these are littles blocks of animation that you can join. (kind of motion builder)

the moves are very fluids and feets do not slide. sadly they dont seem to add moves anymore. 

i saw MIXAMO, sample looks very good but animated thumbnail look caricatural

for architecture i look for very subtle moves. no "gorilla" guy walk and "ridiculous sexy" girl walk

corbis bvh database is very useful but so much work to make it perfect.

the best part about MDD is that ALLl animation pass through de process. faces expression, fingers, and joint morph.

the fbx process don't seam to be as accurate.

Guy

Would I be right in saying that the model you aply the .mdd file to does not have to have exactly the same topology (i.e. vericies and polygons) as the original model you exported it from? (as you said you can apply it to the letter 'K'). I can see the 'point cloud' of the .mdd when I apply it, so it's coming in to eias, it's jusy getting it to work with the skin that seems awkward...

Will keep you informed of my experiments!

M.

Hi M.

No. it has to be the exact same obj and MDD

in fact MDD are a kind of obj with no vertices and no faces  (only points) so it is lighter than an obj sequence.

the "K" sample was only to make first test to quickly see if model and mdd are well oriented and scaled.

I have done a tutorial clip, only sound is left to ADD.

TOM, i use Marvelous 3. The fourth version was out last week

no budget right mow but i am looking to buying soon as it uses quads now.

Guy

Ola Guy,

You wrote, if you export several MDD files from each .obj and in the MDD user interface use something like the first name of the MDD file Mike*.mdd, the * will represent all files which include Mike name in the begging + the mdd file which represent one of the obj + .mdd

Is it not easier?

Thanks

Tom

post-5-0-64128200-1412366836_thumb.png

post-5-0-30407600-1412366834_thumb.png

post-5-0-24413900-1412366830_thumb.png

No, 

not for me, i did not find any way to export automatically all the MDD in one shot

so passing throughout all the parts and exporting the respective MDD can be very tedius

also because they may be a lot of back and fourth tests before finding the right move in  electric image environnement

Guy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry, it will have to wait until the beginning of 2015 for the tutorial.Too much work.

mean while...

happy holidays

Rendered in ELECTRICIMAGE, Animated in  AFTEREFFECTS (randomized rotations transfered in EIAS) and MARVELOUSDESIGN post rendered in AFTEREFFECTS
modelled with PHOTOSCAN and ZBRUSH.