Could I get some feedback on working back and forth between the Mac and PC versions of EI 9.1

supernovavfx

I have a new business opportunity that involves a PC and my Mac.   Same room.   I want to take advantage of whatever that PC is capable of doing for me...   but I've never, in 23yrs of my life, worked on a PC... I'm a TOTAL beginner.   Weird... but true.

It appears to be a 2 core E5 processor.... K4000 video card.     32 gigs ram   and not sure which version of windows... Im looking for COMPATIBILITY feedback....  not speed or performance...   this PC is not going to change anytime soon, so I am looking at whatever I may get from it as being a "bonus".    

For example... if I were to design and save an entire project on my mac.... transfer it to the PC.... texture maps and all.  Maybe a plug in used like uber shape or a shader.... but ONLY ones that come with EI...   could I render this seamlessly on the PC?   I have to guess that yes is the answer.... but id like to hear if anyone had trouble or could help me with anything I should be aware of going between machines.

Thanks....

Scott

the rendering slave thing is a great Idea!   I'm pretty sure the windows box is 64 bit....   i dont start my new arrangement with them until Monday August 4th.    My biggest problem is that they, at least at first, dont want my mac 'wired' to their network.   The IT department is typically paranoid that 

problems would arise.  Can a connection be made via wi fi?  I dont think connecting to their windows box automatically allows me access to their in house network... so maybe I can connect for rendering ONLY and they can still deny me "network" access outside of my 'room'.    

Working on my own the last 5 yrs spoiled me :)      Once I'm in the building and they get comfortable with me..... I have a feeling ill be able to know a lot more and do a lot more.    

Thanks for the ideas...  I want to do as much EI work as possible there.