Persistant Rama oddity

RevDoc

Hi All,

So I'm running 3 cameras (local and 2 slaves) on the same machine, the slaves are happily working away, yet the local camera keeps crashing with a MCIO - 18 error.

post-1956-0-42293500-1400539139_thumb.pn

I can't quite figure out why this would only happen with the local camera.

Local runs just fine doing a raytrace if I turn off the reflections.

I've cleaned up the models and textures as one often must do after an upgrade. (9.1 doesn't care for the flavor of my 6.5 projects...)

Can someone offer me a clue?

Thanks,

MM

P.S.-This multithread rendering is amazingly cool!

Ola MM!

Probably one or more of your groups are using "enviroment" reflection, turn them off and use normal Raytrace reflections. Find a group with it turned on, uncheck it and with the right of the mouse or pressing control + mouse click, it will open the contextual menu, use the option "all". To turn off all the groups in the project at same time.

Thanks

Tom

I have noticed this too, meant ask about it earlier...

the path in the error message is where the local Camera stores the temp file. The Renderama Camera stores the temp files in the Renderama job folder. But, it seems like if there is a temp file in the local folder it will get an error.

I haven't had time to verify it, but I think it also occurs with any temp file (blur, glow, reflection)

brian