Renderama 8.0.0 closes + amnesia

Diego

Hello all,

I have a problem with Renderama 8.0.0, since I installed OSX 10.6.7 Renderama close very often but in recent days has added a problem, is that Renderama not remember the work done before closing, so if you had done 50% of a scene and Renderama closes, when re-open Renderama the "Status" is Waiting and "Completion" 0.00% !

Does anyone else experienced this problem?

Any help is welcome as we have much work to deliver.

Cheers

Diego

Hello all,

I have a problem with Renderama 8.0.0, since I installed OSX 10.6.7 Renderama close very often but in recent days has added a problem, is that Renderama not remember the work done before closing, so if you had done 50% of a scene and Renderama closes, when re-open Renderama the "Status" is Waiting and "Completion" 0.00% !

Hi Diego,

I have a similar problem with Renderama 8.0 on my Mac Pro (OS 10.6.4). Renderama often quits unexpectedly but at least there are rendered frames in the "Output" folder. Next time Renderama quits, look in your "Output" folder and see if there are rendered frames there.

Sincerely,

Joe T

Hi Joe,

I normally have to stitch frames manually with QuickTimePro because are bigger than 2 GB.

I have 25 renders now in the queue, renderama usually jumps two or four times for each of the 25 render then I have to re-open EIAS to request a render again with a new range of frames so I need a person dedicated specifically for Renderama.

This problem is becoming very unproductive now with OSX 10.6:(

Greetings

Diego

Ola Tom,

We are in a very stressful situation because the dead line.

Renderama closes between 2-4 time per queue and when I re-open it not remember the percentage of work done and it begins to render again from 0%.

Now I have 28 queues, you can imagine the work involved.

If Renderama closes I can easily reopen it and continue to render, the problem is that it starts the render from frame 0 again! :( we are talking about 400 - 600 frames per queue.

I think that Renderama closes because a problem related to the Glow layers but Im not shure. But I can not understand why? Renderama restart again the render from frame 0 instead of continuing to render the percentage that have made.

We have reinstalled all Slaves from 0 and also EIAS 8.0 new from 0.

Now we are changing everything to a new maschine to see if something change.

Mac OSX 10.6.7 EIAS 8 it is a 32 cores renderfarm.

sorry for my bad English

Thanks

Diego

Ola my friend,

my guess: Its a OSX permission problem somehow, so, Rama cant save the queued jobs preference.

Please, Run Rama in another machine and take a look.

Thanks

Tom

Ola Tom,

We are in a very stressful situation because the dead line.

Renderama closes between 2-4 time per queue and when I re-open it not remember the percentage of work done and it begins to render again from 0%.

Now I have 28 queues, you can imagine the work involved.

If Renderama closes I can easily reopen it and continue to render, the problem is that it starts the render from frame 0 again! :( we are talking about 400 - 600 frames per queue.

I think that Renderama closes because a problem related to the Glow layers but Im not shure. But I can not understand why? Renderama restart again the render from frame 0 instead of continuing to render the percentage that have made.

We have reinstalled all Slaves from 0 and also EIAS 8.0 new from 0.

Now we are changing everything to a new maschine to see if something change.

Mac OSX 10.6.7 EIAS 8 it is a 32 cores renderfarm.

sorry for my bad English

Thanks

Diego

Ola Tom,

Here is the info of the Renderama Preferences, same in all computers.

DiegoBonati(me): Read & Write

Staff: Read only

Everyone: Read only

Do you think I have alow to Write also in Staff + Everyone?

I've changed all the projects to a new computer an Octa Nehalem with OSX 10.6.2 and I launched from there Renderama, for the moment seems to perform better has not quit yet Renderama, but have to wait a little to really knows if it is better.

I think there is a conflict when Renderama is up in background and on the same computer you're working in Animator and making renders with local Camera. I've done this for years without problem until SnowLeopard comes.

Thank you very much for your help.

Diego

Ok, I'll try allow Read & Write Staff and Everyone, But for the moment the new maschine seems to be ok, it is in the 50% without quit Renderama, I'll wait to finish the project first.

Thank you Tom, here we keep the fingers crossed:)

Cheers

Diego

Hello,

we were finally able to deliver the work on time:) When we move the project to a new machine there were no more Rama closes.

On the old machine seems that I have to install the system from 0 in order to fix the permissions problems, the bad thing is that I do not know at what point the disk permissions are spoiled, so this is something that can happen again at any time, I hope that Lion has resolved these things better.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Diego