Win7. Multiple monitors and palettes

Thomo

Hi,

I'm new to using EIAS on a windows machine.

I have 3 monitors and would like to spread the palettes etc. onto different monitors.

I can't seem to do this as I was able to with OSX. EIAS seems to be "locked" to its own window.

I can drag the whole of the EIAS window across monitors but this does not work due to my monitor config.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

Yes that's true, and thanks.

My issue sits where I would like to move pallets away from the camera view on my main monitor and have them "pop" up or remain open on another monitor.

It does not help of course that I am using 3 monitors, 2 of which are at a lower res than my main monitor.

So dragging the "working area" across doesn't really work very well and then having the third monitor vertically above the second doesn't help either.

My point is the ability to move pallets away, onto another monitor. The issue I have is that even if I do that with the working area stretched across, having a different res second monito  for this causes EIAS to not allow the ability to adjust the "window pane" size of any pallet.

I also use FormZ and it has the same issue however they have addressed the pallets being able to be moved away from the working window.

It is obviously quite a big thing to change or difference in OS of which I know nothing about to be honest.

Yes EIAS is very usable under Win7, just not as flexible as under OSX.

I really don't know what is involved with running, let alone producing a piece of software such as EIAS and also have it work on both OS's. It seems it is very difficult.

So in essence Tomas answered my question and thanks for your input as well. I just can't justify the price tag on a new Mac Pro. So after 23 years on Mac I am now on Win7! A major change but I have just put together what I need for hardware and walked away with proper money to spend elsewhere.

So far so good. We'll see.

Thanks again