Can't smooth ArchiCAD terrain

Buggsy

Hi,

Now that I have upgraded to Mountain Lion and EI v9.1 I don't have any way to smooth a .fac file from ArchiCAD. Transporter no longer works and I can't seem to force the new import features to be applied (smoothing etc) to a .fac file. I would usually use Transporter to smooth anything created with the mesh tool in ArchiCAD but I don't see a way to do it now.

I am mid way through a project and don't particularly want to export from ArchiCAD as .3ds or .obj to solve my issue. This will be painful if I have to this.

Any ideas on how I could do this without pulling teeth?

Michael

Ok, I think this is big (for me anyway)!!

Have I got this right Tom?

I can now export a model, apply textures and if I change the model I can update it with the 'Validated FACT' option under 'Object'/'Export Object/'Validate FACT' without having to re-apply textures??

Or is this really for controlling the fact files quality?

Michael

Ola Michael,

We added this feature to allow users with problems in their old FACT files but without a chance to correct these geometry without re-apply textures and materials.

Some users which export from a modeling software in FACT file format (from version 2.9) for example.

Validate feature is a new cool step to the future where we want to swap models in the project.

Thanks

Tom