Corrupted Blobmaker

bwcc

I have a project I have been working on and I opened the file today in EIAS 9.1 and EI continues to crash while opening - I believe the problem is a Blobmaker object that has become corrupted (maybe not really sure) - In the past I have been able to remove the plug-in file from the sockets folder, open the file and choose to remove or skip the socket object. Then I could delete the object, save, quit, reinstall the plug-in and it all worked. to get the file open.

I have tried all that, and no matter what I do it continues to crash without opening.

I have also tried to merge the prj into another prj. - crashed.

is there anything I can do?

thanks

brian

Ola Brian!

Since you have a EIAS 8 project and you are working in EIAS 9 or 9.1 doesnt mean EIAS is using the latest plug-ins and shaders from 9.1.
If you have a doubt, for example, click in the plug-in or Shader and use the contextual menu “Mouse + Control key” to use the “Reveal in finder” new feature, it will show you if the Project is still using a EIAS 8 tool or the correct 64 bits EIAS 9.1 version.

Thanks

Tom

I guess I could try this, but I'll ask anyway - This was a .prj started in version 8 opened and saved in 9.1, but I could still go back and open the project in version 8. Are all projects, even ones created in 9.1, able to open in 8 or only ones started in 8? If so how how far back does it go?

thanks

brian

Ola Brian,

This is a complex question, because, the features were updated and plug-ins too, so, you can even open and save in EIAS 9, but maybe you are using a old EIAS 8 tool, if you have everything running in EIAS 9, maybe its possible to to open in EIAS 8 or older, but the tools will not work.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Brian,

I am finding this out as well.

Best practice I find is to collect and save for each version of EIAS. And have separate folders. Sometimes EIAS uses a plugin from V8 even if it is saved and / or open in V9 or V9.1.

The reveal in finder (which is a great tool!) lets you right away which plugin (sockets) folder you are using.

As usual Tomas is correct and right on time! :-)

Why is it that "plugins", always referred to as "plugins", are called "plugins", yet they are stored in a "sockets" folder? I'm sure I'm missing something and there is a reason.

Curious though.