Daz models in Eias

Mark Johnston

Hi Steven One time when it gave an error message it said I was over the limit . What's that mean ?what do I do ? do I have to delete old posts or something? Thanks Mark 

Hi had to delete all my post attachments to get enough room to post 200 something kb and then it shows uploaded picture only taking 80kbpost-60-0-38084300-1368742353_thumb.jpg

HI  

The car is a model from daz .

The grass is from daz or the poser website I bought models from both mostly from daz. The grass is on of those postcard type things where it's not a 3d object so I noticed at different angles it did not look good so I was thinking If I wanted to animate the camera I guess I would try to use a( look at constraint) to make postcards always look at camera.The tree is also from daz or poser it is called posable tree so I think in daz you could change its look to some degree.

The background is a cy model with a forest texture on it was also from daz or poser , I have different textures with that where it looks like beach  or other things.

At one time about 3 to 4 years  I bought a bunch of stuff from daz all kinds of  cars, planes, trucks, buildings, furniture , all kinds of plants, rocks, so on, things that would be good for making scenes . At 2dollars  a model on the sales they always have for premium members.One model of some furniture might have 10 different objects modeled and textured for 2 bucks. Those prices are so good ,this is why ,when anyone who  tries to sell models for EIAS.  They should keep that in mind.To build a market your prices need to be cheap. I spend about 2000.00 on models there so I got a lot of models I can now use in EIAS .The textures are now coming in good and the models are converting fast with the new importing dialog. I still have to adjust the material settings so transparent things are transparent or put on reflection so on. But that is to be expected, it seems to me any way, cause a lot of things depend on the what you want it to look like in your scene. I always have to find first texture and then it has no problem finding the rest.

So far I have just  converted a few models to desktop but will now have to figure out how I should organize the models  and textures as I convert to EIAS  to make sure everything is logical and models find textures correctly. Also textures for each model need to be found easy so you could open and modify in photoshop if  I have need for some reason.

Any thoughts about this subject ?

All models in one folder ,all textures in one folder, doesn't seem enough . Might be conflicts with names of textures from other models.

All models in a folder that contains , folders named for types of models( buildings, so on) then named folders(  by model name ) inside with models and textures in side that go together. Does that seem right way to you.

Thanks Mark

As far as organizing models, I just make them consistent. Folders are the same name in different projects. I organize my models by subject with a preview rendering next to the model file. 

I see that DAZ has tons of people models.  Do you ever use any of these?  It would be good to get some of them at medium resolution mapped out.

HI right now i am confused because I have tried several other models and they export the maps but EIAS doesn't ask to find them, you can apply them yourself but you have to figure out where they go ( pain in the ass) not sure at all why?

Then I exported one model where it put all textures except  one, on  correctly after asking for them. NO clue how to fix cause all are suppose to be Uv map but one texture not correct size . See what I mean. Bumper texture. Any idea how to fix? Oh LIC. plates also have to be rotated 180 to read correctly.

post-60-0-48907200-1368830024_thumb.jpg

Hi I was thinking and will try tomarrow maybe when converting models y axis needs to be flipped this is why lic. Plate is backward being projected wrong direction . I flipped y I think to correct texture direction. I also noticed emblems and name of car backwards.So this looks like good possiblity . Maybe even that messes th bumper up on that model , cause all models were converted with same settings so all are probably backward I just didn't look close enough to see. Any way I will try tomarrow Iam on my iPad ar this time look at PDF tomarrow also. Mark

Hi Tomas
After I work out a few more details on importing from daz and adjusting maps I will get a vimeo account and make a video of it. I figured out on this model, that it had and alpha map that was in the diffuse tab , that was just a regular rgb map  no actual alpha, and I had to do use blend mode multiply  to get it to work right . It has red in the color tab and the map is a grey scale that makes paint get darker at the bottom . Cool !!  I didn't know what to make of it at first, it was making the car grey.

Mark