Having Fun with Bullet BUT!!!!

Mark Johnston

HI Tomas

Iam having lots of fun trying to figure out bullet from the sample files , some of them I don't understand how they are working , a little more info as to whats going on in each example could help ? What makes bullet car wheels steer , friction? Whats reflex planes doing in other example? Why Does car roll forward after dropping , only force I see is gravity? Having fun, hope not to much trouble to get little more info. on each sample. Anyone looking at samples can chime in with info.

Thanks Mark

Ola Mark!!

Bullet_AutoSteering

Bullet have auto Steering, means, after you rig your car with Vehicle plug-in, you can turn the animation “on” of the plug-in and draw a path with it, when you open the Bullet simulation window and simulate, Vehicle plug-in will try to follow the path you draw to move your car, pretty simple :)

Here, the Axis direction of your car in rest position:

post-5-0-78272300-1353494068_thumb.png

And the full speed you want your car need to reach, don't forget, you can animate these parameters to accelerate or break:

post-5-0-52284400-1353494060_thumb.png

The reflex planes were only a simple touch to make the look of the cars nicer, The planes were parented after the simulation :)

Take a look in the manual too...

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Tom

Hi Rich

Awesome!!!! is the word, nice to see a better model , then one in sample . Is there a limit to ploy count for models when using bullet ???

Rich ANY chance to get the project for your video, like to know how your model is done, cause I tried to color the one in sample file and can't do it. Or get tip, on why I can't color car.

I understand how to control car now.

Thanks

Mark

Hello Mark! This is where I got my cars: http://dmi3d.comeze.com

Direct import into V9, no coloring necessary... Sometimes, with some models, you have to separate the wheels from the body. Can't remember if it was the case for these trucks.

Later on, I will package my vehicle Bullet tests and post it here along with the models. Have fun!

You can see other Bullet dynamics in the Gallery http://www.eias3d.com/category/gallery/dynamics/

Hi Rich

Thats a cool web site for cars.

I'm just going to do some more exploring bullet now .

I was wondering about the configure your model part of the plugin . Is what you do highlight the parts of the body, that are part of the body, and create a group for body , in the plugin. And then do the same for each wheel group , if wheel is made of rim and tires . Or do you need a model that is all ready set up as , just a body and wheels, before you import. I know I will understand with little more time.

Thanks for any help. Mark

BTW Tom I have imported a couple of simple models From Daz and had good results uvs correct and much faster and easier then going through obj to fact. That makes me very happy .

I first tried just going in my runtime geometry folder THIS IS WHERE POSER -- DAZ MODELS ARE SAVED and covert model and got no good results . But exporting from daz and using collect maps on export and then importing in to eias uvs worked great , had to use find file for uvs even though I put Uv maps in same folder as model. Don't know for sure if any materials , can make it over other then when some of import options are used parts of model have the names of colors in project window.

Any way much better much happier.

Thanks Tom and Team

When I tried going in runtime I was hoping I could convert whole folder at once , I guess that isn't possible. Or is it ??? any thoughts.

Hi Guys

To color car you have to click on Wheel say , the red triangle is the hide children indicator ( should have know this) control click on wheel null ,and hold ,selecting hide show children , reveled parts so they could be colored . Do same thing again to hide. This might answer my other Question of how to config model.

Mark

HI Tom,

so I would put all the files I export from daz in one folder and then It would work, great!!!!

After thinking about it more. I think I understand, you have to set up your model by making a effector for the body , and one for each wheel and parent the correct parts, and then plugin will recognize setup in layout tab of plugin if things are correct.

So I now will examine effector placement on model , assume you center effector but don't know for sure yet.

If you had more wheels then 4 what would your naming method be Wheel Back Left 2 , being behind Wheel Back Left .

Back to fun

After studying files more I still don't understand because one file seems to use effector with bone==== other one doesn't ( Bullet__Car.prj )

Now I think as long as a model part has right name Chassis , or Wheel Back Left , you don't need to use effector for Plugin to work

Thanks Mark

Hi Tom , been through all the bullet samples .

The sample with bones ,can they be inside an object and still move like that?

How was the tower built ? cool domino type thing !!!

bvh example cool ?

Now I have to examine other sample files .

Greatest upgrade ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Tom and Igors anyone else on team WOW!!!!!!!

THANKS Mark