Mountain Lion on the prowl

S. Houtzager

Why would anyone switch to Mountain Lion???

iMessage? So you can talk with 10% of your friends... The rest are on PCs...

Reminders? Get real, this is as basic as it gets...

Facebook integration? Game center? OMG...

I made the switch to Lion because I NEEDED to.

I really hope Apple has awesome ideas hidden back in their labs because Mountain Lion does not cut it for me.

I will wait for some real improvement before switching OS.

You are right. It has some nice little enhancements but I'm kind of mad with Apple right now.

200 new features? An enhancement on an existing product is not a new feature.

One field for typing both search terms and web addresses was in Chrome, full screen, Tab view, smooth scrolling and 6% faster performance are to be considered new features? NOT.

How about giving me back my iDisk or the equivalent of Dropbox in iCloud?

Their marketing strategy is making pebbles looking like mountains, they should call the update Pebble Lion...

I needed the venting... I should let it go now and look at the positive side of this upgrade.

Again, you are right. It has some nice little enhancements.

http://www.engadget....on-10-8-review/

EIAS is running under mountain lion for me, the only issue that I have come across so far is that when dragging windows the screen goes black and comes back on release, but then the moving of eias windows has always been odd so you previously didn't get any positional feedback anyway...

I confirm the screen blacking out when you move any window/control panel. Otherwise seems to work. The blacking out thing is 'broken' to me - I couldn't work long with it doing that all the time.

(edit) I should add that I keep an old "snow leopard" system on a separate partition which I use for running EI on, so functionally no loss.

It seems pretty good to me, loving the bringing together of all my devices, notifications, vimeo and twitter account integration, reminders are helpful for a person with me mental capacity! Lots of nice touches like mini progress bars on folders being copied to, all my apps are working and it's cheap as chips!

I look at each of my devices as its own world and I want to decided what to put on each device I don't want or need them to be synced . I like the mouse on computer, not track pad, I think gestures is more confusing, maybe good on ipad but not on computer. I look for music making apps in app store, kind of things you find in a music store to make music or read music and if you go in app music section you get all theses apps for music pop stars that have not a thing to do with making music, more like fan apps. They need a musician tools section. I don't like what they did to final cut pro studio . I liked having my idisk and apple hosted web page, which they got rid of both. I do like airplay mirroring and i guess you can turn the syncing off, but you have to turn it off .I rather turn it on if I wanted it. But I have a computer to run my programs , not to be absorbed in the operating system features.

Mark

You are right. It has some nice little enhancements but I'm kind of mad with Apple right now.

200 new features? An enhancement on an existing product is not a new feature.

One field for typing both search terms and web addresses was in Chrome, full screen, Tab view, smooth scrolling and 6% faster performance are to be considered new features? NOT.

How about giving me back my iDisk or the equivalent of Dropbox in iCloud?

Their marketing strategy is making pebbles looking like mountains, they should call the update Pebble Lion...

I needed the venting... I should let it go now and look at the positive side of this upgrade.

Again, you are right. It has some nice little enhancements.

http://www.engadget....on-10-8-review/

Ouelle Richarde, u r forget thing ouane amézingue fiture frome Mount tainted Lionel!

It ize the ante grated dictation alla Siri.

I kanot leave without tits.

Maher

That's what append when you vent in a forum...

YES, after reading further, there is a lot of little enhancements that make the 20$ cost worthwhile.

I LOVE Apple products, I use them all. They are overpriced but, because of that, I get a FANTASTIC service at the Apple Store and they simply work.

I still hate their marketing strategy.

Funny that my venting attract so many readers. Shall I do that more often??? :P

Please lets leave it at that. How about sharing some new imagery in the EIAS Artwork Forum or share a trick or two in the General Forum?

That would be great.