Renderama hangs for hours/days

Thomo

Hi,

This is a new one to me as I have had most renderama error messages in the past. All were fixable thanks to this forum but this is a new one.

Renderama hangs on one strip and will not render it. I am rendering a still image. I have tried dividing into all different numbers of strips, same thing. It will render the same image at low res. 960, but when I go to 3600 it hangs. No error messages of any sort.

Rendering over 64 bit PC's and Mac.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Ok I'll try that.

I am not using secondary rays, way too slow. Using a separate light as secondary GI. I was using 200 primary rays and 0 secondary. I'll switch back to 40 and turn off Anti Alias.

Thanks again and I'll let you know how I go.

It does not work at 40 rays with AA turned on. Local mode is the same problem. One strip only. Same strip every time (I've tried many different numbers of strips). Same strip on all slaves.

100 rays with no AA works fine.

Any help, thanks. Been at this for 2 days now !! :-(

Hi Tomas,

Sorry for not posting, I've been in transit for a couple of days.

All cameras do have 2GB assigned.

I am having trouble with most of my renders over renderama now.

What I don't understand is why some strips (one or two) will not render, (sometimes they do after maybe 48-72 hrs) but all the other strips in the still image will render in a matter of moments with no problems.

I will need to send a couple of renders to you if that is ok. Some clients are getting pretty anxious now and I really need to get these rendered.

Let me know if this is still ok and i'll speak tomorrow and arrange to send the files.

Thanks again.

Thomo