Any good motion blur recipe for progressive 25fps video?

Juanxer

Up until recently, my 3D work for TV was all field-based PAL video formatted, so I was rendering things as 50fps, and Motion Vector blur was more than enough.

Now I am having to deal with progressive PAL anamorphic output, and Motion Vector doesn't seem to be enough anymore. I did a few tries with Multi-Frame, but I don't think I'm doing it right. I remember some recipe was posted in the defunct EITG forum. I wonder if any of you could suggest any good settings.

(they would be applied to rather sedate camera flights around cosmetics products sets)

About the anamorphic PAL thing: lately I've been rendering and comping 1024x576 footage, squeezing it down to 720x576 for editing it to tape or file. I find that doing so in After Effects will accentuate any jaggies into very obvious stairstepping (oh how I wish Adobe would provide with per-layer scaling algorithm selection. Photoshop has a few ones for full image scaling, at the very least). Do you think it would be better to render things straight into a 720x576 format with the relevant pixel aspect ratio (1.45?)? My guess is that doing so would keep EIAS' antialias intact.

Ola Juanxer,

Please take a look in the frequent Questions:

- improving models Anti-alias

http://www.eias3d.com/frequent-questions/

This is the way I improve my groups AA in special cases, it will help you to render 720x576 directly.

- multi-frame motion blur, if you increase the number in the check box, e.g 4, you will tell Camera to render 4 frames to be sampled together creating a motion blur trail, it's not so precise like motion vector.

- motion vector, having a Shutter value more than 180, will increase the motion trail, lowering it will decrease, increasing the motion vector noise value, it will improve the motion vector sampling.

Hope this help and Merry Xmas!!!

Thanks

Tom