Is After Effects CS5's ID Matte filter's "Use Coverage" broken?

Juanxer

Here you are. This RPF has Object ID, Coverage and Color channels. Thank you for offering to test it.

While we are at it: is the RPF_Saver's Sub-Pixel Mask channel functional, and can it be taken advantage of in AE? I was wondering if Coverage is really the best way to antialias the Object ID-derived masks, as it alters their core solidity a bit, too (they stop being fully solid, becoming this bit textured).

BASE_0130.rpf.zip

Strange: I do get AA in CS3 with that RPF file. Here there is a close-up of an object's border with and without "Use Coverage".

(To add insult to injury, AE CS3 won't accept to import the RPF file sequence, even if it has no problem importing single RPF files. That has happened to me a few times. CS5 has no problem there, but it won't antialias, so it is unusable. Aaargh. I'll have to try importing via AE CS2 into a project (did AE CS2 have 3D Channel filters?) and importing such project into CS3)

post-32-1326939373304_thumb.jpg