Rhino

stevescenic

Hi All!

I have been searching for a new modeler since EIM is no longer. I have been playing with Rhino and I love it except for one thing that is killing me. It doesn't seem to have rulers around the windows so you can instantly see where in the world you are. Does anyone here have experience with Rhino? Am I missing something? I don't know how anyone works without rulers. It is like being blindfolded.

I do scenic design in the theatre so my work is a lot like architecture but less mechanical. Should I be looking more into FormZ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rhino doesn't have the rulers on the windows, just a readout of your location. I use Rhino and FormZ both and they are both great programs. I use Rhino for my really organic projects that need to be precise as well. It is great for product design. I like formZ for doing architectural and interior work. It is much easier to manage big projects with FormZ as there are so many ways to move and adjust objects. Both are excellent quality programs with great tech support. Bonzai is FormZ's entry program and is where FormZ is heading so give it a look at!

I have been looking at the tutorials for Bonzai, FormZ, and Modo. None of them seem to have rulers either. Boy do I feel stupid. I assumed because EIM had rulers that all 3D programs had rulers. Photoshop, Illustrator, and Vectorworks all have rulers. Why wouldn't a 3D program want to have rulers? I never knew how good I had it with EIM.