Problem with GI ray cast and photon

lucabi

Hi guy, i have a problem with GI and the multicolor bounce.

In the attached image,you can see the different result only change the floor material. I have one area light.post-47-1326939367351_thumb.jpg

With checkered floor i have much noise on the ceiling,post-47-13269393673905_thumb.jpg

but with the costant color on the floor (moquette) i have a very smooth image.post-47-13269393674206_thumb.jpg

I know!!!! I need to increase ray and sampling area to GI settings, but i need to calculate an animation and i need to stay in small time render.

I think the moquette option is ideal, but the real floor is checkered.

I have to try to esclude the floor from GI bounce, but no effect good.

any one have any solution to smooth checkerd image without hard increase GI Settings?

Thank you

Luca

Ola Luca,

40min / 60 min per frame?

Play with these settings:

1) GI window:

Primary rays - 200

Color Tolerance: 2.0

2) Area Light Tab

Primary rays - 200 (if you need more shadow quality, you can use 300)

Secondary rays - 0 (only if you need you can use 50)

3) Photon Map Tab:

Lookup Radii GI - 4.0

Direct - 5.0

Bounced 6.0

4) database window - 10.0 (double value of direct)

5) please, you these settins on all area lights which have Permanent photons enabled.

6) Luca, don't forget to use multiple render slaves if you have a multiple core machine.

Luca, this will give you a fast baked map with quality, if you need more shadows quality and less "blotches" in the shading, increase GI window primary rays to 300 and increase Area Light tab primary rays to 300 too.

Any prb, collect your scene and upload in our FTP, I'm out of town, I can take a look on Monday.

Thanks a lot

Tom

I have try with this settings, but the only way is increase GI settings with high render time. Probably the problem is the checkerd floor with GI Bounce, because i have try to render with costant color floor and all furnitures on, the result is smooth without blotches.

I know the potential of renderama, but my little render farm is too small to render quickly this animation with the right quality at 720P for my client.

I send you a link to download the scene in a private message, becouse the project is protect and it cannot be disclosed.

Do you know some renderfarm for EIAS?

Thank's again

Luca