Team up with Newercenter Silo modeler again?

In the absence of any news on the tesla modeler,

how about teaming up with Newercenter again?

Maybe they could offer a discount for eias users for Silo pro.

It'll get the job done for characters and for people on a budget.

I've used Hexagon successfully with eias but it is has more bugs than my backyard.

Some good features, but unless daz fixes it up buyer beware.

Hi Tomas , Joseph , Felix I saw a post on there forum that was dated about 2 years ago where one of the developers said that silo was thought up as a minimal modeler to only have the tools people use most and he said something like silo is largely done though some development would still go on. But it was mostly done as far as they were concerned.

AS far as Tesla goes at one time at EITECH they said the framework they want to build the modeler on was being priced to high for them to feel they could do it , but they where hopeful the situation would change so development was going on . I wonder on all the forums why more people don't get in and post because people all the time say making it in any thing is about who you know. Making those connections where others know who you are and you know them and maybe jobs can come your way or you know who to hire or get help from when you need help. Most of the people only seem to join the forum to find out when the next version of the software is coming out or bitch about wanting this feature or that feature or their going to leave and go to some other program . Yet you go on that other companies forum and the people over there are saying those same kind of things. If you don't get this i will leave this is all nonsense , there is no mention of the cost or time and effort to create those new things people want I just want them now!!!! Like not having that feature totally controls their abilities to create things . Photoshop had the things most people use all the time years ago but people still think up new things to add to it but the core things people use have long been there. Since the amount of action taking place on the forum effects peoples opinion of the long time chances of a company staying profitable every effort should be made to increase the amount of users Participating , Which is the reason I started my lessons you need to make it clear this is easy software to use and because of that you can start getting things done while having fun doing it . The more any company can do to make it easier to learn their software and easier do get things done with their software the more users they will get just by word of mouth, that hey ,this is the software that lets you get things done. So I think of 2 things all the Time ease of use which is partly design of the software which is actually what I have always loved about EIAS that it has a clear design where things make great sense and are easy to use . Now the only thing I feel is wrong in the EI UNIVERSE is the idea that Content IS KING you hear this in every other business but the only place that seems to embrace this idea in the 3D world is the Daz Poser people. So I think some effort should be made to create models that are already in fact format and all textured so people can build things faster and get things done. I have many different music software products that come with samples of every sound , every instrument possible and there all low priced even though there's so much that comes with them. But yet this seems like a double edge sword because it costs money to hire some modelers texture artists prop and set designers and create what the old studio way of doing things. We have a cast , we have a backlot, we all the sets and props, we have LITTLE HOLLYWOOD the place to get things done . The double edge of course is it takes an effort to create this world and it's an idea that any company doing 3D could do. Also so like with the music software the companies are in danger of driving each other out of business by offering so much for so little. This is where you could maybe get the members of the our users to like in the idea of open software you set up a effort by the users to create LITTE HOLLYWOOD in an organized way created the most useful models first and over a few years growing and growing so in a future time there stands EIAS3d's LITTLE HOLLYWOOD at the top of the 3D world. So ,thats my meglomanic rant which i guess was a little off subject, but a little related. I was using silo but have switched to modo and bought a lot of the Andy Brown lessons just regular obj exports and opens the best transfer to EI i have seen didn't have to use Obj 2 Fact with it .

Mark

Trying to load my new lesson apple web service keeps saying there's an error on their end try again later. For about 16 hours now.

SO GET IN AND POST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Mark

The SILO modeller is by no means done; the Fact export in Intel based MACs doesn´t work, and the last upgrade is still a beta with expiration date and no signs of finishing. Sad, i like it.

Nice to see MODO and EiAS3D work well together, i think i will give it a try...

FelixCat

Mark

has a good point on the creation of a sample library. I know EIAS and alot of other animation systems expect the user to create model to animation process.

The downside to that is that its a long process for beginners or new users to get too animate. The core reason to use EIAS is to animate but with no models you are just ubershaping animation which has a limiting appeal for new users. but instead of creating a new infrastructure library system. what about using whats already out there like native/socket support for Sketchup .skp files. there are other libraries out there to pull from as well.

there is this open source home modelling software which is quick and easy to use for none modellers called Sweet Home 3D that does just that.

that would allow quick model library import.

Just throwing that out there :-)

The Silo 2.2 beta doesnt have the Rosetta option. I think its intel programmed only. I havent tried out the eias export function with Silo 2.1.1 in rosetta mode and that doesnt import either.

I get "file has no geometry so it won't be included" error

Ola my friends,

Dont forget, if you enable in the Get Info of Silo, “Open using Rosettaâ€, it will export .fac correctly.

Thanksss

Tom

Hi Tomas,

What is the proper way to export from Silo to .fac. because im making simple models like a cylinder and stretching it a bit to have a non-uniform object. i select the object and export the object as a *fac file in Silo 2.1.1.

all goes fine but EIAS doesnt see anything in the file as stated before and if i try to reimport it in Silo it says its loaded into the scene... but there no object in the window of Silo.

It looks to me that either the *fac function (with rosetta on) in 2.1.1 is completely broken from export in Silo.

should i be doing something specific in the export function in Silo ?

That said a .fac model created from formz years ago works fine in the import in silo and EIAS.

it seems to be to all break down at the export of Silo.

the file export from silo

https://files.me.com/behnfamily/gvhfb6

screenshot of object

41jsvc

Mickael

Ola Mickael,

Send me your model, let me test here.. :)

About Import and Export, this is really important.. we started with MDD and we want to take care of this theme.

Thanks

Tom

Right i think i figured out my issue.

When exporting out to .fac it was using Obj details in the file format. which is an odd setup but once i changed the file format export settings out in the right panel it works fine.

so the .fac function 2.1.1 although odd works okay (models are too small in EIAS import but thats another matter.

but i can confirm version 2.2beta doesn't have the rosetta ability and has the .fac function broken. although it does save and export. once you import it into EIAS you see a shape in the timeline and a bounding box in the view window but the object isn't visible.

Just on a side note, I have had success using hexagon.

It's buggy but some great features.

It's another software though with a dubious future.

I exported as obj and went through transporter.

Can't remember the exact settings I used But I have it written down if anyone is interested.

Can you extrude points and edges in silo?

It doesn't seem to work that well in the demo I have.

I usually export .3DSs from Hexagon, as both Hex and EIAS process them quite fast. DAZ3D seems to have abandoned further development: there was some announcement of them doing a new debug pass and a Universal Binary for Mac last year, but since then it's been total radio silence. A terrible shame: Hexagon was very user-friendly and fairly capable. I've been following some Modo videotutorials this August and, compared to Hexagon, it's like pulling teeth :(.

I agree about hexagon and modo.

It's a shame hexagon seems to be in limbo.

There's probably more life in silo.

But the old silo interface I found was better than the new one.

One of the best things in Hexagon is the extrude tool.

It's sensational.There doesn't seem to be anything quite like it anywhere.

Daz should get their act together.

Carrara pro is interesting, but you will pull your hair out waiting for some of those renders. Interface slows you down too.Very buggy at times.

This is one of the best things about EIAS, it's streamlined , powerful,and geared for speed and gets the job done! Simple as that.

Hi, Mickael

In SILO, when you are ready with your model, select all and press "C" one or two times and see how is going as final.When you are happy with it, press Shift-C for refine the model´s mesh and the export as Fact or obj or wathever.

Maybe that´s all. BTW, you must rename all the objects in Ei, all the bnames are lost in the translation... :(

Good luck

FelixCat

Brilliant Felix thank you for that. Ill have a play with it now.

i have a hard time moving away from my old formz modelling. Im only now trying to understand silo properly after 3 years of owning it. where does the time go.

Hi, Mickael

In SILO, when you are ready with your model, select all and press "C" one or two times and see how is going as final.When you are happy with it, press Shift-C for refine the model´s mesh and the export as Fact or obj or wathever.

Maybe that´s all. BTW, you must rename all the objects in Ei, all the bnames are lost in the translation... :(

Good luck

FelixCat

Hi, Mickael

Good luck

FelixCat

You don´t have to refine the mesh. In the Edit Menu/File Format Settings you can turn on Export Subdivision Mesh. There you´ll also find Import/Export Scale Factor.

Edit:You´ll find it in the File menu, not the Edit menu. Sorry.

Hi Mark, thanks for checking up on me, Progress has been made. Im going to run through all your tutorials (which are awesome thank you) and let you know how i get along.

Thank you Phungus,

That worked a treat. the subdivision option seems to have solved everything. most importantly the scaling issue i was having. Wow its like a new world has opened up to me now.