Architectural work

Buggsy

Thought this would be worth posting here.

Following is the link to our website page for our artist impressions product. It represents the last 2-3 years worth of architectural work with EI. I'm a building designer with all of these houses being either designed, documented or modelled by ourselves. We use ArchiCAD, OnyxTree (using UV's and .fact model), Photoshop, NX Shader.

Hope you like.:rolleyes:

http://www.goodbuildingdesign.com.au/Artist_Impressions_by_Good_Building_Design.html

Michael

Thanks everyone. Your comments are much appreciated.

Alex - Maybe one day they'll look photo-real :-/

Richard - Let us know what Jeremy Birns book is like when you've finished reading it. I'm sure it will have some gems worth knowing.

Nige - The grass is a combination of the following shaders: Clouds, Crumple and BumpyNoise. I can send you the material if you'd like.

Ian - Dirt?

I'm looking to complete my animation demo reel in the next 6 months which will have a cross section of lighting challenge scenes and architectural work. Big job though.

Michael

Thanks Lazlo. :)

Clients comment last week:

The images are fantastic and really show the detail along with the landscaping give a sense of realism. Wish we could move in now. Very excited

I really hope to become more proficient with using EI. I mostly use shaders due to their flexibility but this tends to compromise on realism a little. Being able to create the right looking noise to be convincing is difficult with shaders. They do the job though.

Michael