Dante?

bwcc

I've tried it all. The problem is with Renderama. Dante works fine from within EIAS, it's when you try to render with Renderama it will get an error with each Camera.

I have a scene with nothing but a default Dante object. No imported models or UberShapes or anything else, and I still get the error.

Apparently the problem came from the UB port of Dante and it hasn't worked since.

brian

The first thing you should always say to yourself before launching into a Dante project is "am I positive I couldn't do this with Particular?"

Then the second thing you should say to yourself is "hey, let's try it with Particular anyway, just to be sure."

If the answer is still "no" and you insist on doing it in 3D, you should immediately call your doctor and make sure your script for xanax is filled, because you're going to need it.

Seriously - Dante was a terrific tool in its day but Particular and ParticleIllusion have matured so much, you're really just beating yourself up trying to do it in-camera and not in post.

Well, it's been few months. Any word on Dante being fixed? I think I must the only person using it...

brian

I do a lot of scientific and medical device animation. I usually use Dante to animate instances of a specific model and the perspective and camera position can change over time. Usually the object particles need to interact intimately with other objects in the scene.

I have Particular and I use it when I can for more organic particle effects, it's great for motion graphics fluffy stuff. But, I have many projects where the 2d particles just look too flat.