Ptex!

Not sure if this is really good for anyone but the Ptex UV texture system is open-source and lets you have a texture map up to 4k per polygon. but you kind of need to paint you textures in 3d-coat or some other program like that. since they would not make too much sence in photoshop.

Also can EIAS handle instance geometry for things like leaves grass etc etc if not ADD that XD. and thinking of that ie for grass how about importing say 1 blade of grass and make EIAS snap it to the normals or ground and then do an instance random array to fill the area with grass.

keeping with open code Bullet Physics engine seems to be getting a big following used to other 3d animation programs.

oh and on more thing last one from me now. is being able to Sub-d with catmull clark inside EIAS so you dont need to repalce with the high res mesh at render time. not sure if you still have to do that in V8 but my 6.5 i do. catmull clark is also open-source so the cost is once again just the time needed to make it work in EIAS.

OH and one more thing.......Node base shaders one day v10-11 or some other improvements over the current shader system.

these things just came off the top of my head really since its 5am and i cant sleep and i have no renders to post atm so thought i would start this as a way of saying HI am back! left EIAS about 5 years ago. but the new leaders /bow seem to be doing a fantasic Job so i am back and waiting EIAS v9 i know you guys wont let us down

Joe Purcell

Not sure if this is really good for anyone but the Ptex UV texture system is open-source and lets you have a texture map up to 4k per polygon. but you kind of need to paint you textures in 3d-coat or some other program like that. since they would not make too much sence in photoshop.

Also can EIAS handle instance geometry for things like leaves grass etc etc if not ADD that XD. and thinking of that ie for grass how about importing say 1 blade of grass and make EIAS snap it to the normals or ground and then do an instance random array to fill the area with grass.

keeping with open code Bullet Physics engine seems to be getting a big following used to other 3d animation programs.

oh and on more thing last one from me now. is being able to Sub-d with catmull clark inside EIAS so you dont need to repalce with the high res mesh at render time. not sure if you still have to do that in V8 but my 6.5 i do. catmull clark is also open-source so the cost is once again just the time needed to make it work in EIAS.

OH and one more thing.......Node base shaders one day v10-11 or some other improvements over the current shader system.

these things just came off the top of my head really since its 5am and i cant sleep and i have no renders to post atm so thought i would start this as a way of saying HI am back! left EIAS about 5 years ago. but the new leaders /bow seem to be doing a fantasic Job so i am back and waiting EIAS v9 i know you guys wont let us down

Joe Purcell