Controlling visibility of a large number of objects

RobK

Hi,

how do I control the visibility of a large number of objects. I have tried loading all objects with inherit visibility turned on and then parenting to a null and then turning off the visibility of the null. This method does not seem to work.

Regards, Rob.

Ola RobK,

What do you expect my friend? Render time visibility or faster feedback on EIAS viewports?

Thanksss

Tom

Hi everyone.

Sorry, I don't think I explained fully what I'm after. I want to turn off visibilty in the working view port for characters with complex parts and rigs - so that I can work on one character at a time and also speed up view port feedback.

Thanks, Rob.

Rob,

The first column in the project window controls visibility in the windows. Select the components you want to hide, and then uncheck the visibility box. You have to select all of the objects, not just a parent object. Those components will then disappear. They won't render when unchecked either, so remember to check them again when it comes time to render out your project.

Ross

another way is to command-option click(on a mac) on the top-most object in the hierarchy's check box in the project window and then it and it's children will turn off...if you control-option click it will turn off everything below the object you clicked on, regardless of parent child relationships...

or those commands may be vice-versa...

another way is to command-option click(on a mac) on the top-most object in the hierarchy's check box in the project window and then it and it's children will turn off...if you control-option click it will turn off everything below the object you clicked on, regardless of parent child relationships...

or those commands may be vice-versa...

Thanks guys,

thats been really helpful.

Regards, Rob.

Ola Rob K,

After soo many jobs and music video clips with Character Animation using EIAS, I choose some ways to work.

http://www.ottostudios.com/OTTOSTUDIOS/Music_Video_Clips/Music_Video_Clips.html

Having soo many CA in the scene in the same time I used these options:

Skin Engine is really powerful but slow down Interface when you have several characters in the same scene, a few Tricks..

1) When you have defined your CA, cut it in pieces to be your proxy (light geometry too), like legs, arms, torso, head and parent then in each correspondent bone, so, you can preview really fast, looking a good approximation of the final CA without EIAS calcs in the Skin Engine.

2) Use Selection Sets, change fast from Proxy to final model (which is already using the skin engine but its turned off)

3) Your Final Character can be imported inside EIAS using Level 0 of subdivision and you can use Encage plug-in to smooth only in the render or when you want to see How the deformations are going.

- I just tried one of my characters here, I played in camera viewport and tried a viewport preview (20 fps without drop frames turned on).

- Then I changed the “display elements” option in the blue sphere icon in the bottom left of Camera viewport to display only Bones, it means, Character is still on but my preview only display bones. (25 fps without drop frames turned on).

- Then I turned off my Character in project window and hit the preview button (70fps without drop frames turned on)

I hope this help

Thanksss

Tom