HELP_Animate in EIAS render in other ?

WHD

Hi All,

Pardon this silly question but has anyone explored the options other than camera to render an EIAS animation?

I have a client who wants me to do some texturing and animation for him. A basic animation cycle. For some reason he needs to render it on his own render farm with some other software. I suspect the final project is in Maya or Max but I do not know. Unless I can give him something he can render in his own system I will have to turn down the job. This is where I suspect FBX out would probably come in handy.

Has anyone animated in EIAS and sent things out to render in Mentalray, Renderman, or other?

Bill Dempsey

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David,

The normals on that model are not smoothed. In your modelling program, set a normals angle of 40 degrees. Alternativly you can try this on importing the model into EIAS by checking the 'recalculate normals' box.

Transporter can also recalculate normals (should be in your EIAS folder).

Best,

Ian

Thanks Ian,

Yes, the normals on the model are the problem. I made this model in Archicad and I realize that fact model from Archicad does not have smoothed normals. The only solution is to save model from Archicad in 3ds format and then import in EIAS. The material names in 3ds format are lost, but I can live with that. The list of materials is very long, is it possible to merge materials in Animator? (I know for "Merge Groups" option in "Import Object", but this is not useful for me)