PowerParticles and MDD

batoloco

Hello folks,

In the last couple of days i have being trying out the fabulous .MDD add to EIAS.

I have found that whenever i link the mdd to PowerParticles Pro Animator quits and whenever i de activate the mdd it will operate properly.

My intention is to add particles to my single mesh composed by many shapes to create the sensation of slowmo explosion off course i will have to add some different layers of light and dust afterwards but the main base is there to build up from.

Has anybody tried PPro/MDD.

Maybe i have to link them in another way.:)

Thank you guys,

Batoloco

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,

A few weeks ago i had ask in this forum if MDD could be linked with Power Particles Pro v2, can anybody confirm these cause i have tried several times crashing on me, so i wonder if i had to do these manually, also when parenting groups to PPPro these is able to recognized each group as a separate but my intention is to link them as a group of objects , any suggestions?thank you.

Batoloco

Hi, Richard

Parenting PPPro V2 to MDD also cause a crash on my machine.

I'm away from the computer with PPPro right now. Tonight I will post a simple project with an MDD file and PPPro so that more knowledgeable people can analyses it.

Please add CrashReport file too

Hi Richard and Igors,

Thanks for trying the problem is not present with Flock This, but i can imagine creating a few flying objects animated via Flock This (which can have MDD attach and emitting particles with Power Particles Pro, this is endless possibilities.

More simple trying to get a solid to break into pieces animated via MDD and emitting particles via PPPro.

Edgard

Hello Richard

Here is the project:

http://www.rdnmultimedia.com/eias/MDD_PPPro.zip

Link MDD group or Walker to PPPro then try setting the plugin: instant crash.

Thx for the prj. It looks like PPPro problem, it crashes if attached child group hides its own child(ren). Test steps:

- add MrBlobby to prj (just default settings)

- link your "Walker" (or any other model) to MrBlobby

- now link MrBlobby to PPPro. Try to open plug-in's interface. Crash.