advice on camera shake

interstellar

Hi Everyone,

I need advice from those of you with camera-shake experience. I'm building a scene in which an asteroid enters Earth's atmosphere. Here's a few seconds of it at half-size:

http://www.joetucciarone.com/asteroid.mov

Does the amount and duration of the camera-shake look okay? I'm "jolting" the Camera's y-reference channel: the amplitude is 11, the frequency is 4, the damping factor is 1.5 and the duration of the jolt is 2.5 seconds.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Joe T

Hey Joe,

Its nice and subtle :)

Its more a artistic option, if you want more aggressive or not.

You can try a After Effects trick too, easier to edit :)

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/camera_shake_with_wiggler/

Thanks

Tom

Thank you Tomas, and thank you for the Wiggler link. I've never tried Wiggler or half of the other things in After Effects . . .

Joe T

Hi Joe,

Asteroid come directly to Spain very near where I live, hopefully is not a premonition :)

Excellent quality as all ways, I like the day/night look, I also like how you use Smokers.

Cheers

Diego

Hi Diego,

Whew - that is kind of scary! Believe me, I don't have psychic abilities! I simply chose western Europe because it has a nice coastline and the Atlantic allowed me to use a bright specular map.

Thank you for your comment on my use of Smokers; they are definitely an important part of this scene.

Best,

Joe T