Shader variance editor ???

Mark Johnston

Hi the thread about materials started by Buggsy got me going through all the shaders messing with the settings and rendering shots. It made me realize since I had moved to my new machine I had not moved the material settings that came with Mforge and NX shaders into the materials folder so It made me also explore the materials both standard and Third party materials so THANKS BUGGSY . Now my question for today anyone having a problem with the Shader Variance Editor every time I try to open it it causes animator to quit is this happening to anyone else . I'm on Intel Mac OS 10.5.8 EIAS version 8 Thanks for any feedback on this MARK

Hi, Mark

Now my question for today anyone having a problem with the Shader Variance Editor every time I try to open it it causes animator to quit is this happening to anyone else .

Probably this crash is produced by one of shaders. Try to move some shaders from "EI Shaders" into another location to know which shader crashes. Alternatively you can see CrashReport.

The prob is that Variance Editor calls shader to render a small icon but not all third-party shaders "understand" this mode - they make assumptions it's either Camera or "Preview" in Animator (not a third one).