Status of Triple D shaders_A edge in EIAS 8

WHD

Hi All,

I'm about to start a project and in the past have used many of the of the A Edge shaders from Triple D. I plan to use EIAS 8 for this project and before I upgrade I need to know if there are any issues with these shaders in EIAS 8. The Triple D site says they are EIAS 7 ready but no mention of 8. Am I safe or do I need to find an alternate solution?

Bill

• 4 months later...

Hello Bill,

aRamp, aSem, aFallof, Storm and aFraktal works fine here in V8, on a Octacore render farm.

Cheers

Diego

Hi !

I guess this is on Mac ?, i seem to remember non of the A-edge shaders and maybe some others not working on v8 (PC)

Reuben

Just tested this with the latest v8 on windows XP64 -

A Fractal Works fine but none of the aEdge shaders work, they don't render correctly and the previews are broke.

Pitty because they are great shaders, does anyone know if tripleD are still active in development ?, guess i should drop them a line.

Reuben

• 5 months later...

Just tested this with the latest v8 on windows XP64 -

A Fractal Works fine but none of the aEdge shaders work, they don't render correctly and the previews are broke.

Pitty because they are great shaders, does anyone know if tripleD are still active in development ?, guess i should drop them a line.

Reuben

It seems as though the business closed for good on 3rd december 2010.

www.tripledtools.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this thread is aging but I am dealing with the same great shader set without support available anymore. I have used the shaders without problems with v8 on Macs for still frames. I am about to do a big project that would be perfect for the shaders but my rendering tests briught-up a problem.

HD renders, I get rendering errors after a few frames, it goes as follow:

"Asem" 20 f, "bFractal" 20f, "aRim" 40f. It reports "SCAL Error ID ; 2 Error number : -1. According to my documentation, it is a "Shader Callbacks" error. It is either #1- Camera ran out of memory, or #2- Could not open shader.

Anyone has a pointer? not sure if I can do much with this info without support from TrippleDTools. I may have to replicate the same look with a combination of other shaders. Unfortunately I already have the look down and would like to avoid the other option which is to render in small sections or babysit the renders.

Thanks to anyone wanting to shed some light on this brilliant set of "old" shaders.

Christian

Hi Christian,

Are you using the latest versions of the shaders? are you in renderfarm mode? it looks like a re-installation of the shaders can help here.

We are continually using these shaders without problem in V8 but I remember once I had to reinstall them.

The versions that I have installed are from: March 19, 2008.

Cheers

Diego

Hi Christian,

Are you using the latest versions of the shaders? are you in renderfarm mode? it looks like a re-installation of the shaders can help here.

We are continually using these shaders without problem in V8 but I remember once I had to reinstall them.

The versions that I have installed are from: March 19, 2008.

Cheers

Diego

• 10 months later...

Removing all the shaders and reinstalling on windows fixed the problem, they are all working except aRim, but i seem to remember doing this before and at some point the shaders stopped working, like something causes them to crash.

• 1 year later...

Sorry, I have been too busy to get back to this post. Thanks for the replies, unfortunately, I am on Mac and although, these plug-ins work on still frames, they crash the system when running an animation. I have the same problem using some noise shader (can't remember which one). It seems to be a memory management problem, as if a buffer or cache is getting overloaded and it does not get flushed, not sure. I tried on v8, v9 and even the new v9.1, no luck.

In any case, when something is not working you go for a plan B. I was trying to re-create an X-ray or electronic microscope look (which is easy to do with a-Sem), I tried "Microscope" but could not get it to work or look the way I wanted. I remembered an old post where someone explained how to mimic that look with a ramp shader in the transparency channel. It works well and doesn't crash. 

I may get back to testing the "aEdge" shaders later and hopefully get them working again.

Thanks,

Christian