Music Video Clip “Get Down�

Tomas Egger

Hey Mark,

Motion Capture probably is cheaper than I used in that time... was $10.000 to a session. (a good one)

Today, you can get a black cloth to entire body and self illuminant spheres from 3M in the correct joints of your body, rent 3 or 4 digital video cameras (the same model) with same fps frame rate.

And buy a 3d tracker software like Syntheyes http://www.ssontech.com/ which does motion capture too, more manually of course but cost only $399, btw: its the software I use everyday.

You can use with Syntheyes the “dots” in the face, but they still used only to facial tracker. :)

Thankss

Tom

HI Tomas I already have Syntheyes but all I,ve ever done with it is the tutorials that came with it . I have and xl1 and gl1 that I can use but there only dv so Quality wouldn't be that good for geen screen work . I Quess this would not matter with the tracking of the spheres. I have my garage set-up as green screen room but at time I set it up I didn't know any thing about setting up green screen for macth moving so I need to rebuild it right way. I learned how from the DVD set Special Effects for Directors from hollywood camerawork.us NOW I need to look at syntheyes tutorials again to see if there was good instructions on how to do this , if not could you explain further how you go about this. Thanks Mark

Hey Mark,

You dont need to use greenscreen in this particular trick, you need only to track the spheres attatched to the body or face, of course, a plain color behind in the background is important, because will help to let the spheres more in separated, remember, if the balls have a color or they are white, the background need to be a color.

You can light your background using lights from your sides and from your celling too.

Syntheyes have the tutorials to do Mocap.

Thanksss

Tom

HI Tomas, when I can I'll get to this , I have my time being absorbed by blender right now because Richard listed it as one way to get mdd files. so i'm trying to learn it now . What a strange set of key commands compared to EIAS. I watched the video about c4d great video and great development for users who have c4d (i don't) but yeah wow !

• 4 weeks later...