Camera crash v8 under Windows 7 64bit

splitpoint

Camera crashes on my machine when I render anything. I've uploaded "camera_crash_splitpoint.zip" to the ftp area. Inside are a screenprint of the error, a sample project, and system info. Easiest way to duplicate the issue is to load up the file in the zip, and "render window"

On my system camera reports:

Camera Error: an internal error has been detected. Library CLCS

Error ID:3 Error value: 0

I've tried the file with 128MB and 1.5GB allocated to camera. I've tried parallel, point, and area light settings. I've tried re-installing EIAS v8 to no avail. EIAS v7 works on this system with the same settings. Happy hunting.

Hi, splitpoint, All

I just installed on another machine, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 3GB RAM. Same file, same errors.

Please save your time, unfortunately it will not work under Win7 :@ CLCS (Calculating Surfaces) relies on system realloc() call does not change memory block location. But it's not so in modern OS like Win7 (same as in Windows 64-bits). So this fix will be available in further version of Camera. Now please install older Windows vers to another partition.

Ola Splitpoint,

We know its not the answer you would like to hear now, we are running and working a lot in our new Camera 9, your bug was adressed and fixed, but we cant bring a fix for this OS prb now, our Camera is in several parts over our desk.. :)

If you can run a 32 bit windows partition with EIAS 8, you will like a lot.

any prb, msg us

Thanksss

Tom

Thanks for the response Igors.

So, it sounds like my only the only fix is to install 32 bit windows or go back to EIAS7. I guess I'm done here for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased and installed v.8 on my 32 bit Vista machine and am getting the same error message. I've set the camera memory to 900 mb. So it looks like just switching to 32 bit Vista isn't the answer. I have v.8 at work as well running just fine on XP Pro. I don't have an XP partition on this computer and don't have the disk space to create one. It's kind of pointless to have the latest, greatest version of the software if Camera is crippled. It looks to me like a v.8.0.1 is needed.

Ross

Ola Splitpoint,

We know its not the answer you would like to hear now, we are running and working a lot in our new Camera 9, your bug was adressed and fixed, but we cant bring a fix for this OS prb now, our Camera is in several parts over our desk.. :)

If you can run a 32 bit windows partition with EIAS 8, you will like a lot.

any prb, msg us

Thanksss

Tom