EI Resources Section to this Forum

S. Houtzager

I agree entirely!

Give and take nowadays.

I understand your reason and underlying frustration. 

What would be your starting point and structure to follow? 

Suggestion. Perhaps a category on the forum. 

Lot's of things to discuss.

- materials / textures / shaders (setup and optimization)

- Gamma 1.0 V 2.2 (whY)

- Bumps and Normals

- Clip maps

- lighting (setup and optimization)

- photons

- import methods for models (various apps). How to

- workflow

- Tips and tricks!!

- Modern rendering

- Collaboration

And an easy way to post / access would be pleasing.

Keep on it Steve, good thought.

Cheers

Best idea I've heard in a while!  Reminds me a bit of the old website Electro303, it was great while it was around.

One of the biggest inspirations to myself was the workflow breakdowns from Cristobal Vila while he still used Ei.  He made me believe anything is possible.

While tutorials are good, to expand like this woud be invaluable for everyone.

I think it would be very helpful... one thing to consider is the 'unknown'.   I am going to dream and spell out a semi plausible 

near term future for EI.   Just 'guessing' here....    Lets say EI V10 truly is the major overhaul and 'revamping' of the app that 

Tomas has alluded too on a few posts related to whats coming next.   That may very well require different shading systems or 

any number of 'new' things that may obsolete other things.   Its too risky to even hint that that may be the case... so I don't expect 

EI to leak any info regarding this... but if you think about it.   A massive updating and modernization of the app would not necessarily 

be for 'me'  or Steven or any of us.   Id 'LOVE' to think that... LOL... but realistically.... if Tomas is working to re 'grow' EI in the

Market with v10 (or 9.5)  than catering to the old matters far less than optimizing and opening up to the 'ways' of most other apps

out there.   It does not make sense to 'evolve' every aspect of this app we all love...  I'm sure in some instances it very well make the

most sense to 'scrap' certain old code and dead end code  ( I made those terms up... lol... but i think people will follow me )  for new

modern fast and flexible 'new' code.   Code that has max growth potential.    Im straying  a bit from the topic here... but myself... Ive

always wondered how much of our current EI may still be around if Tomas truly is revamping this app...   its been a while since the 

very impressive 64 bit 9.1 -  Tomas and the Igors and anyone else involved I'm sure have been working furiously on this next version.

I think it probably will be a turning point in my career and in EI's history and future.   I realize I could be all wet here.... but I kind of 

hope I'm right and they are dramatically rewriting the cobwebs out of our old war horse and reinvigorating its image and its

capabilities...   I guess id wait for v10 to come out before building a resource wing for the reasons I think are not that crazy that ive

just guessed about.   Id enjoy it regardless.   :)