Lights in EIAS and Camera

Thomo

Hi,

This  question may have a simple answer that I'm overlooking but here goes...

I have several lights in EIAS.

So when rendering in Camera and I am using photons, it tells me it is "baking database" for light # of # (eg: 3 of 6)

Does light # relate directly to the Project Window order, ie: the 3rd light from the top in the Project Window list? 

And then what if I move it in the list? Does it stay as 3 of 6 or change it's number.

Or does it remain as the order you "install" the lights? It seems maybe this is the case but having moved lights up and down the project list it has become difficult to know which is which. Naming makes no difference, Camera merely gives a light number (#).

The reason I ask is because it is hard to determine with several lights which one is slowing down the render or causing a particular problem.

Any ideas please?

Or maybe this could be addressed in Camera by actually "naming" the light in accordance with the project window naming convention that is already established. 

IE: In the camera window instead of "Light 3 of 6". Perhaps "Sunlight 01 of 6 lights". Sunlight being the name of the light that is being rendered at that time by Camera and corresponds to the actual light name in the project window.

Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Thomo, I don't know if I understand well but the name that Camera shows when "Baking Database" is the name that you choose in photons map window for the .phm photon file for this specific light, that name can be changed at any moment in Photon Map / Calculate/ Permanent window.

By defaul it use the name of the light in project window the first time you ask for the .phm, if you change the name in Project window then .phm file remains with the old name, you have to change it in photons window again.

Cheers

Diego