who makes the best STOCK MODEL collections that EI imports the best?

supernovavfx

Depends on the models you need (people, cars, accessories, trees etc etc?). Some are free some you pay for.

OBJ import to EIAS works fairly well. (beware of the ambient map and dissolved geometry). Seems EIAS skips bump maps though. I don't know, maybe original export!?!. Not my area of understanding.

Cars: Humster3d.com. No maps (unless high quality choice for some) but excellent quality.

Furniture Modern: Designconnected.com. Mapped but can be flukey. Mostly very good.

People: Humanalloy. (just wish there were more). XYZ. seem expensive

Trees: Xfrog I use because they have Aussie. Heaps others out there.

http://archive3d.net/: heaps here but 3ds. Can keeps UV's through polytrans. Deeper you go, older and lesser quality.

turbosquid.com: on the improve. Negotiate on price. Staff / team really good, suppliers / providers.. all walks of life.

OBJ. import.

hierarchy: merge all

separate by: material

swap YZ? depends

Best regards,

I was researching a model option for a potential project and found one I liked in TurboSquid … created by MotionCow. However, the only formats were OBJ or FBX - so I sent the link to Tomas. He suggested I try the FBX. I wanted the ability to manipulate the object, animate it … and the FBX was fully rigged.

However … I didn't want to spend the money to buy the model just to "test" it … for a "potential project". So, I wrote to MotionCow and they immediately responded and sent me a sample FBX model (sans a few polygons) with rigging. I opened it in EIAS and everything was perfect. I rendered out a 360 cam test at 1920 x 1080 … which took under 7 minutes to render (Go EIAS). Then I exported to 1080.

I assigned a generic skin texture to this rigged test sample … added a plane and a rear lighting and the results are wonderful. 

If I can figure out how to upload the animation I will add it to this post later today.

this discussion is what I was hoping for.  I do motion graphics but am venturing much farther into other areas and want to hear what people use... what works... what doesn't.... etc etc... so far GREAT responses... very helpful...

I'm taking notes and checking out sites... I initially need to figure out how to make an island with any type of foliage around it that has 2 ominous peaks at the center of it...  rock like...   tons of room for interpretation and no 

super closeups needed....  close... but not down in the weeds....  gonna fly over water - into island and down in-between the peaks where a bunch of other stuff exists but one step at a time... any fog or environment is free

game to help me pull this off.   I see some cool stuff out there but I can not tinker with models as well as others can... I need maps to be easy for me to decipher or already exist etc....        a futuristic landing strip with abstract

geometry on the sides is another challenge I may need to attempt.   I could tackle that one alone...  but mountains and 'foliage \ greenery'  seems above my pay grade.