Emmy Nomination

supernovavfx

very proud to announce my \ Supernova's,  7th Emmy Awards Nomination yesterday for the animation and design work I did for the TV Station WCIU Chicago.   I have been out of the TV station 'game' for about 7 years but have been very fortunate to have had my animation entered 7 times and nominated 7 times in my TV career, with multiple victories.   All the 3d animation was done with EI V9.1      

•

especially proud to blow away the work done by Cinema 4d and Maya animators....

•

I've been using EI for close to 2 decades and continue to be amazed at how good the software makes

ME look.   Thank you Tomas... and all involved in keeping this amazing tool relevant and powerful!

with appreciation,

Scott Novasic

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

actually... the creative director gives me all the show times once I make the master.  I design the end plaque large enough to handle the longest times given.   I lay out all the showtimes in adobe illustrator on one large master page per show.   I make a png file out of it in photoshop.  And paste it onto the plaque.  Then go into my texture window and simply drag the texture to reveal the next time... and so on and so on.   Each time I send the file to renderama.   So ill que up about  10 or 11 times... like   Tonight 5pm   Tonight 6pm   Tonight 10pm   Today 5pm   Tomorrow 5pm  etc etc etc....  thats the work the csd does for me so i dont have to worry about spelling and we have a master to refer too.   EI is so fast that I was able to que up dozens of these pretty quickly, render them out and then cut them together in AE  ( there own in house people could have done it as well but the CSD liked me doing it for them )  so i set them up in AE and rendered those out very fast as well.    Thats the "Factory Work"  we would call it... :)     Its more fun designing and making the masters... doing all the versions is definitely animated "Factory Work"