Camera V9

bwcc

post-75-13269393850562_thumb.jpgI often run out of memory attempting to render an object created with PlacerDeposit. Will the new version of Camera address this? Is the limitation due to the 2GB limit on Camera v8? Is the plug-in memory the same memory the Camera uses?

thanks,

brian

Hi Brian,

Yes, Camera 8 is limited to 2Gb RAM barrier, same as any 32-bit app.

With 64-bit Camera you'll be able to use all RAM installed on your machine. Note that model plug-in should be updated to 64-bit too.

Otherwise it can run in 64-bit render pipeline but create data up 2 Gb limit only.

Thanks

Tom

I often run out of memory attempting to render an object created with PlacerDeposit. Will the new version of Camera address this? Is the limitation due to the 2GB limit on Camera v8? Is the plug-in memory the same memory the Camera uses?

thanks,

brian

That's what I was afraid of. I don't have much confidence that the NL plug-ins will get updated. PlacerDeposit hasn't changed since 2007. Is there any way that Camera could create the object if the Plug-in is still limited 2GB of memory?

thanks,

brian