Render Preview Windows

maher

I don't know why, but my render windows no longer pop-up in Animator at the end of a preview; I must go to the finder and manually open it from the snapshots folder in EIAS 8 folder.

Anyone have an idea of what may cause this?

Maher

I don't know why, but my render windows no longer pop-up in Animator at the end of a preview; I must go to the finder and manually open it from the snapshots folder in EIAS 8 folder.

Anyone have an idea of what may cause this?

Maher

I've never seen this problem before, what OS are you running ?

Reuben

Hi Maher,

Are you using left or "right channel only" in stereo camera mode? it is little bug.

I open the right and left channel from snapshot folder in quick time 7 and you can manually superimpose channels an see if your stereo separation it is ok.

Another good technique for stereo work is to cross your eyes but not everyone finds it easy:)

Cheers

Diego

Hi Diego,

you nail it! My camera was still in stereo mode...

Yes I can see side by side stereo by crossing my eyes, but I always wonder what everyone would look like if we have to do stereo iChat with this technique ;-)

Thanks again Diego and Thomas!

Maher

:P Ha ha, I think that this will cover our eyes with the ears ;-)

I would like to see this issue fixed and also to see the left and right camera view mixed inside Animator.

In many scenes I have to animate or key frame the stereo separation, when the objects come very close to the camera almost always have to reduce the stereo separation and this is actually very laborious to test it.

Cheers

Diego

Diego, why do you animate the stereo separation? In real life our eyes always stay at the same distance from each other; they just convergence as needed to a new point of interest.

I always use convergence by reference. You can attached the reference point of the camera to a null object that you keep at the approximate same distance than the main point of interest of your view.

If I use convergence at infinity, I end up with movies like the one produced by the GoPro Hero 3D kit. The software they provide allow to keyframe the convergence zone through the movie. We could always use such a feature with CG stereoscopic renders but we need to frame a bit wider and render at some bigger resolution in order the compensate for the zooming needed to overpass the border offset caused by the change of convergence point.

Hi Maher,

When I use convergence by reference I animate the camera reference like you, but this technique "forces" the viewer to look where the convergence point is placed.

As you can see in next picture the fish in the center is not double image but the things that are closer to the fish and that is farther away have double image, this forces the viewer to look at fish. This creates a truly spectacular "3D" effect. But must use more careful to not bother eyes.

ByReference.jpg

In a large landscape in which you want to let the viewer to see where they wants it is best to use infinite convergence and when using infinite convergence I have to animate the stereo separation when objects come close to the camera (-0 run off the screen) , the reason for this is that if you use a stereo separation as in real life the "3D" effect of the landscape is a bit poor so exaggerated a little the stereo separation you see a "3D" effect more powerful but if an object coming towards the camera then it is better to make a gradual reduction of the stereo separation in order to have a correct -0 effect.

In the picture below you can see the convergence at infinity better for large places.

Infinite.jpg

I would like to see a day stereoscopy directly into EIAS at least in the anaglyph method.

Sorry for bad English.

Cheers

Diego