SSD Comments And Feedback related to EI Performance

supernovavfx

I don't have any SSD's but i would assume anywhere you see data I/O on the disc's you would see an improvement, for example-

Opening scenes should be faster and maybe when animator reads HDRI's for example you could see better response times in the UI, also when camera is reading anything off the disk, especially if you go outside the allocated RAM for camera, once that happens your using virtual memory (HDD) and i'm pretty sure you would see an improvement there.

But most of all, if you can afford it and are able to get all your digital assets and then some on the space i don't see any reason not to do this, might be worth looking at SSD failure rates VS HDD's though.

Hi Scott,

I have a 10 Pc's render farm, in three of these computers are SSD disk installed and I don't see any significant difference.

This is only in render, I do not know if creating scene in Animator you will notice a difference, but in the render process almost anything.

Thanks

Diego