writing img files from Aftereffets CS6 ?

rodlord

Hi

Until I upgraded everything I was always able to write IMG files from Aftereffects.

With CS6 I find that this is not available.

I used this all the time for animated texture maps and can't afford to loose it !

Is there any workaround or some codec or plugin or something ?

In hope

Rod

Ola Scott and Rod,

Adobe dropped several file formats in the output rendering.

Why you don't use QuickTime PNG? It's lossless, 1/3 of the file size of the QuickTime Animation codec, support Alpha and 32 bits channels.

EIAS 9 doesn't have problem with it.

If you really need .img, you can export a QuickTime movie from after and convert in the QuickTime app to .img using the EIAS QuickTime plug-in.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Tom

Ah - well, I downloaded it and it immediately installs a load of rubbish connected to my Forefox browser that I really need like a hole in the head !

Then it decides that my Windows PC needs cleaning up ... only problem is I'm running Mac OS X !

Then I have to remove a load of useless facebook buttons and STUFF from an extra toolbar on the browser.

So I decide to see how good it is at converyting to EIAS IMG format ... er ... it apparently doesn't do it at all !

No EIAS or IMG options whatever.

post-808-0-28882000-1365978275_thumb.png

post-808-0-00757000-1365978294_thumb.png

How do I get rid of it ?

Hi Rod,

I checked the link Tom gave. I think you may have downloaded the wrong file. I saw a link to "Video Converter" which is an advert link. The file you need to download is EIAS Component for QuickTime - with options for various Mac and PC versions to download. You should eventually end up with a file called (in OS X):

EIComponentUB.component

Drag that to System/Library/Quicktime

Apologies if you got the right file though. But if you got the advert link file, sorry about that too. I don't know how to get rid of that. Anyone else can help?

Aziz

Thanks Aziz and Tom.

I think I have found out how to uninstall the rubbish I ended up with but don't have time to tackle it right now.

Tom - I'm afraid I still have some questions on this as I don't want to end up with the kind of problem I have faced before.

On that occasion I upgraded QT only to find that Final Cut and DVD Studio need their own specific version of QT and what I had done without realising was screw up the proper functioning of those two.

I currently have Quicktime 10.2 installed and I don't really want to go backwards to 7.6.6 as you suggest sbove.

Also your advice as you specify above is relevant specifically to OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.5 ... but I am running 10.8.2 and there is currently an update available to 10.8.3.

Does your very specific version advice hold true for this too ?

I think I need to have another look at what I really need in case I end up causing more problems than I solve !

cheers

Rod

Ola Rod and Scott,

Please, download here, you can have both quicktimes apps, I have both, I wrote about 10.6.8 and 10.7.5, because Im running these OS in this particular machine.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL923?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Scott, Adobe removed several output formats, including XSI and several others, the Adobe team messaged me.

Thanks

Tom