Textures and UVs

Tango

Here we go again. I have gone through this before and ended up not animating with EI.

I have several models in 3Ds format, all with textures and UV mapping. I can read the models with textures in Maya, Silo, Meshlab, Blender and even Poser, but EI can't deal with them. I make sure the preferences for import allow UVs, import a model in and get an all black object, no textures.

I exported the models through Silo, converted .objs with O2F, still black. I give up...

Why can other programs read them as is, no gymnastic, no sweat? Why do I have to wonder what could I be doing wrong? We are in the middle of a big project and I don't have time to send a model for testing (there is nothing wrong with the models). All I hope is that someone will tell me I missed a step somewhere, something simple.

I have to get some sleep now and if I can't quickly figure it out in the morning, I'll have to move to plan B (which does not involve using EI).

Thanks,

Christian

I've used Obj2Fac for this in the past, just make sure (separate by material, use .mtl file).

If there is only 1 UV map involved per group, then Polytrans should be able to do this. In fact, if there is only one UV map per group, Animator should do this with a standard 3DS import (uncheck all the boxes!).

Hope that helps,

Ian