Dante and Path Finder on EIAS 8/9?

Danford

would like to ask about Dante and Path Finder and their status. Do they work on EIAS 8 (or 9) Lion/Mountalin Lion etc. I have found out that you cannot run the Dante installer in any of these OS's (need Snow Leopard for that) so that's a pretty bad sign right there, but once installed, are there any issues? Anyone who could chime in with some info before I make a purchase would be very helpful. Thank you.

Hi,

I can not use Dante since EIAS 8, I never got it to works in "Renderama" mode. I don't know if there plans to release a new version for EIAS 9, something like that would be wonderful because EIAS 8 currently has no particle system that works in a solid way.

And about Path Finder I think I used a couple of times with V8 and works well.

Cheers

Diego

Dante has its quirks, but I use it all the time in EIAS v8. I never use it with Renderama. It will quit when it is creating lots of high-polygon objects over a long time span. The way to avoid this is to split the render into sections, as outlined in the manual.

I used it just today in a project; in fact, I use it in about 1/3 of all my projects.

Joe

p.s. I'm still using it on my Mac with OS 10.6.something

I could live without renderama support, but I need to use it in Lion and soon on Mountain Lion. I'm not sure about how complex the projects I'll be doing will be, not too complex I guess...

Thanks guys for your replies.

Diego, are you using it in Lion? even though it doesnt work with renderama, can you get it to work as in single camera mode, as what interstellar said, rendering projects in sections and so on?

Tomas, I'm waiting to hear back from them.