Transporter

Gigayoda

Hi Gang,

Haven't posted in a while. I am still running Snow Leopard and a colleague of mine runs Mountain Lion and Lion. He informed me that transporter is no longer working in any Lion OS. I did a search in the forum and please correct me if I'm wrong but for EIAS3d 8 currently there is no working transporter other than using a 3rd party modeling application that can export fact, obj, 3ds etc..., to EI. Is this assessment accurate?

Phongus, V8 is working fine under Snow Leopard and so are Transporter and Obj2fact. 

Apple decided to change it's OS in a way many developers had to rewrite their app code. Everyone knew it was coming since Leopard and Snow Leopard used Rosetta to be able to read older code.

With the arrival of Lion and Mountain Lion, EIAS3D had no choice but to rewrite the whole code, hence the delay in production. This was a though but  necessary decision for the future of the application. 

EIAS3D does not own the Transporter nor the Obj2Fact code, it has to be upgraded by their respective owner. 

EIAS3D created a whole new importer inside V9. The possibility to be able to import your models from the free V9 Demo version to use in V8 is quite commendable and I personally considered that excellent customer support.

................The possibility to be able to import your models from the free V9 Demo version to use in V8 is quite commendable and I personally considered that excellent customer support.

Agree with this. Nice work EIAS 3D.

Can anyone confirm hardware and software requirements for v9 ? Snow Leopard and a 2.1 Mac Pro for example ?

Ola Paul,

Macintosh: OS 10.6.X or newer, Intel processor, 1GB RAM, 32-bit 3D Graphics card with at least 256MB of memory, USB Port

Windows: Win 7 64 bits / XP 64, 1GHz or faster processor, 1GB of RAM, 32-bit 3D Graphics card with at least 256MB of memory, USB Port

Thanks

Tom

Many thanks Tomas.

I appreciate the fast reply.