Blender Render

Phungus

Curious as to what you guys think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bDaRXvXG0E&feature=player_embedded

I think it's great!

Been using Blender to model with after the confirmed demise of EIM, and am very impressed with it as a package. 2.5 really spiffed up the interface and a lot of the workflows, plus the new particle systems are amazing (when you consider the price of the app:).

I'm really enjoying the integrated approach to modeling, texturing, animation and rendering.

It has got a good UV editor as well, and this alone alleviates a lot of the problems encountered with EIAS.

Still prefer the look and feel of Animators renderer - the thing that originally attracted me to the app - but as these links point out there is a lot going on in the Blender community, and a ton of tutorials online.

Hope V9 does a lot to narrow the gap, because for a free, open source application Blender kicks butt!

That is so. But so far the only way I have found to import Blender fluids into EIAS goes through OBJ sequences, and this is a PITA on the PC side, at least it was the last time I tried since you can´t select and import the whole sequence at once, you have to do it one at a time.