Silly Question Regarding MForge

kbartlez

So we purchased MForge, and I have to say it's impressive in it's complexity. But I am starting to figure it out, having gone through all the tutorials and manual.

But one question still persists, and I'm sure it's a really stupid answer. How do I access any of the presets that I've downloaded?

Thank you.

Ola Kbartlez,

You have the Sample Projects which are in the EIAS3D Konkeptoine page and there have all kinds of Metals, you need to only to like a group in the specific Master Material.

Example:

post-5-0-07649200-1328294583_thumb.png

And you can copy the Mforge Materials folder which you can find in the same EIAS3D Konkeptoine web page and drag to your EIAS 8 folder and place inside the EI Material folder, the when you open EIAS 8 and open the Materials Palette window, you will have several options to drag in your groups and render.

Take a look:

post-5-0-39593400-1328294824_thumb.png

post-5-0-10424800-1328294846_thumb.png

Fred Kuntz did a render of lots of Mforge materials if you need a guide:

http://www.artimatio.../MForgePresets/

Feel free to message me

Thanks

Tom

Oh. Duh. I just realized that all a master material is a holding device for various attributes as well as texture maps and shaders. Now it's all so clear. Thank you!

Also, thank you for the link to the samples. From the first reply, I went there, downloaded every jpg, and then made a handy contact sheet of them.