obj import with UVs

apu

Hi, attached I post an image with a OBJ model imported into EIAS directly, and a OBJ model converted with transporter into FACT and then imported into EIAS.

The issue is that I UV unwrapped the model and exported the UVs in Silo. When I import it direcctly into EIAS, I loose the UV information (I'm not able to check the "Use UV space" checkmark. If I import it into Transporter (I select the obj and the mtl at the same time and then export it to fact) and then I bring it to EIAS, I'm able to check the "Use UV space" checkmark, but the model is no smooth in the parts where the UV seams where.

Why is that?

Thank you

post-151-1326939375556_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tom.

Here I send you the model. It's just a test model, nothing fancy. I made a cylinder in Silo and exported as obj. By the way, is obj the only format that exports UVs?. Because if I export to 3ds (that gives me better results, because when I export to obj my object is flipped over Y axis, don't know why) I loose the UV information.

It's too bad that SILO still doesn't export fact format, because with version 2.2 I'm not able to open it with Rosseta.

Well, hope to hear from you.

Thanks!!!

MODELS.zip

Hi Apu,

Have you tried opening the .obj with File > Open in Animator? It will use the FBX importer to convert the OBJ file, and UVs should stay in tact. The same for .3ds files, these will also be translated with 'File > Open'.

Looking to the future, EIAS 9's import system is virtually bullet proof (and it is still being improved). It makes my life so very much easier.