Fiber forge available?

davidwu67

Hi David,

I acquired the plug-in a few years ago. Back then I had to go back to EI v5.5 to run it, a bit of an inconvenience. I have been waiting for the UB version since then. The Konkeptoine site claims they have been porting it to UB for years. I emailed them directly but never got a response. No feedback either from posting on this site or the older EI site.

A few months ago a bought MFORGE from them. They are still around and the plug-in works on Intell processors even though the site claims they are porting.... Maybe the site is not up to date.

I know other people are using Northernlights's Placer Deposit for fur, you may wan to check it out. It us UB ready.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case the FiberForge UB version surfaces...

Christian

Thanks, I wanted to have fur on the head of a talking donkey. Does not have to be super realistic, but a donkey head w/o fur will not look right. Not sure if placer deposit is still being updated. We have to do this in Intel Mac and v8 and also renderama compatible. Or do the job in some other 3D software...

Wouldn't FiberForge have been included in the Konkeptoine set? It had some really useful features, like wind and motion reactivity. Would be a shame to lose it.

Ola David,

I always used Placer to my tricks with Fur, grime.., I never tested Fiber Forge.

We dont have a Hair solution now built-in in EIAS, maybe in the future? :)

I did with Placer.. look in the end of thread..

http://www.eias3d.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=322&highlight=Mouse

Thanks

Tom

To us users though, that's sort of confusing - you guys picked up what looks like every other Konk. plugin, so my first thought was "oh, maybe they just forgot to put that on the list."

Is there an official word on Konkeptoine? Is David A. still making plugins or supporting the few remaining ones that haven't moved to the new owners?

Ola Scott,

David Argemi was the Fiber Forge developer, so, only him can bring it back.

Thanks

Tom

I can definitely add to this argument from the consumer point of view. Like I wrote earlier, I had to use the non UB version when I purchased the plug-in, but it's status was "Being ported to UB". I bought it, believing that I would eventually get the UB version. It's been a long wait.

Only once in a blue moon do I need Fiber Forge. But it's a pain to have to go to 5.5 in order to use it, it kills the workflow.

In the end, was Konkeptoine just an umbrella under which individual programmers would sell their creations? It's a model that works as long as the users or potential customers are informed of the content status. I understand EI is a niche tool, I may be the sole EI animator in town, Toronto (Canada). I don't expect the EI plug-in creators to make a living of it. So, we have to be patient, but we also need to be informed.

Thanks,

Christian

Ola my friends,

“In the end, was Konkeptoine just an umbrella under which individual programmers would sell their creations?”

In this case, David have his tools and my partners Igors same, we will give support to Igors tools for sure, but David tools are out of our range.

EIAS3D is really in focus and planning to make EIAS robust.

Thanks

Tom

Hi All

Let us add some explanations

EITG was the publisher of the Konkeptoine products. They did not have ownership or source code. EIAS3D is now publishing many of these products, but it is up to the original owner of each of the products to decide if they wish to continue to support them.

We are more than happy to publish 3rd party products on our web site and are eager to work any and all 3rd party developers.