PiexGrains

Tango

I have waited a while for an opportunity to use PiexlGrains. You can do pretty cool stuff with it. My current problem is that I can't make it work with a custom shape.

The shape Is a simple .fact model built in the XZ plane with Y pointing up (as per instructions). It generates flat rectangles in the XY plane. I tried a flat extrusion instead of a 2D shape and got the same result. Am I missing something? Has anyone successfully used custom shapes with PixelGrains?

Thanks,

Christian

Allô Richard,

I would say, yes and yes. The geo is the child of PixelGrains and the shape sits at 0,0,0. It works very well with cubes. "Custom" gives me the same result as using "Plane". All I am trying to do is create the same effect using rectangles with round corners and a flat top, a straight extrusion. Unfortunately the "rounded cube" option does not generate a flat top.

Thanks,

Christian

• 6 months later...

Most likely, the shape has too many vertices. I seem to remember that the plane was a fallback if something was wrong about the custom shape. try to use a simpler shape, and see if that works. I'd say fewer than 20 points..

Another thing PG isn't good at is predicting memory footprint, so there could be an issue there. and gracefully recovering from it.. A bug of course.