Random mask objects

Tango

I have never seen something like this in my 10 odd years of using EI. I went back to a script to add a new object only to discover that every model I import is showing up as a mask object. I checked the material, reversed normals, anything else I could think of... the object is invisible and the alpha shows a whole where it should be. The strange thing is that it gets reflected in the other objects.

To make it stranger, some of my cameras see the new geo fine others as a mask. All of them are set-up the same way. A new camera sees the new geo as mask. I tried an Ubershape and got the same result. It has to be something simple I am not thinking of, something stupid. But for now I am running out of options and I am loosing my mind. Has anyone ever ran into a similar problem?

I collected a simplified version of the script to show what happens:

http://www.tangomediagroup.com/MIX/Mask_objects.zip

Any word of advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Christian

Mask_objects.zip

There we go, I knew it would be something stupid.... I am doing a lot of fog passes to animate my depth of field. Obviously, the World object is where the fog master switch is, and each camera has options for either displaying fog or not.

That was it. Sometimes the most obvious solution is too close for you to see it. Stepping away from it while taking lunch is also a good idea.

Christian